[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it ultimately healthy for a desperate person to turn to religion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: agookraooa.jpg (249 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
agookraooa.jpg
249 KB, 1440x900
Is it ultimately healthy for a desperate person to turn to religion?
>>
Yes. Whatever gives you hope.
>>
I think religion preys on those who are week, but religion teaches people stability. Just like anything; it can be good mostly in moderation.

(This isn't ONLY about Christianity, as well)
>>
Turn to the Occult instead. It's basically the same, only less sanctioned, and less dogmatic.
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
>>
>>17352774
I hope you realize religion is just a form of psychosis
>>
>>17352782
What for people who are day?
>>
>>17352927
I hope you realize your post is just text on a Korean textile board.
>>
>>17352774
People who speak against religion usually don't do anything good for the world themselves. I know there are some atheist charities and all that but they exist because those atheists aren't busy whining about religion.
So yeah religion can be good. Besides I met a bunch of awesome people thanks to religion and they aren't religions crazies or anything, they are the most open minded people ever.
>>
>>17352774
Depends on the person. I knew a psychotic (literally) who shaped his delusions into religious fervor--he wound up living with a cult of what could uncharitably be called Jesus freaks and practicing what he came to believe was faith healing and exorcism... eventually his delusions shifted and he renounced his beliefs, but for a while that was how he channeled his craziness. It wasn't ultimately that good for him, because he was able to continue to ignore the fact that he had serious mental health problems for a while (he ultimately had to get arrested to be forced to deal with it).

But I know people for whom faith is a central, positive pillar of their lives. It gives them comfort, meaning, and hope.

It's all fedora-level meaningless to me. But it's great for them, and I have nothing but respect for that.
>>
It depends on your interpretation of the religion and the crowd you get into. It can and does differ a lot from community to community.

I wouldn't turn away from religion if I was in a dire situation. Militant atheists like to focus on the lives lost because of religion, but they forget how many were saved, how many were given a purpose and how many have been sheltered and fed by a religion or its followers. Some people need a helping hand, divine or not, and religion can give them that.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.