[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people always wake up so fast? I need like a good 7 minutes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1005 KB, 2041x3629) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1005 KB, 2041x3629
How do people always wake up so fast?

I need like a good 7 minutes before I can even get up from bed, and I'm still not awake enough to drive a car for at least half an hour.
>>
>>17351357
Just say to yourself in the morning "I need to stop being a pussy" and do it.
>>
>>17351357
You're either not getting enough sleep, or you aren't getting quality sleep. Could even be a combination of the two.
>>
>>17351360
I just get so fucking dizzy getting up too fast, literally fainted to it once.

>>17351363
I do 3-shift work. How do yoiöu get quality sleep when you can't have a proper sleep schedule?
>>
>How do people always wake up so fast?
"I've got bills to pay" this usually pops into my head when I want to lay back down. It always gets me right out of bed. I wake up at 5 AM Monday-Friday even if I go to bed at 2 AM I'll be up and out of bed at 5 AM. I do try an go to bed around 9 or 10 though. I don't drink any caffeine after noon.
>>
>>17351379
I don't drink any caffeine after my shift starts.

I can force myself out of bed in an emergency, did so last week when my flatmate broke a lightbulb on the floor and we had to save her dog's lil footsies from glass shards, but I spent like about 5 minutes just squatting on the floor because my eyes wouldn't focus and everything was blurry.
>>
>>17351388
Do your legs fall asleep a lot when you're sitting down?
>>
>>17351368
Naps, coffee, drugs etc.
I work 2am every morning, so I sleep from 7pm-1am, wake up have coffee and a shower, get home at 10am, have a 20min nap around midday, go to bed at 7 again. Not too bad but I'm generally fucked by the end of the week.
Just find a schedule that suits your sleeping pattern.
>>
>>17351445
My ideal sleeping pattern is going to bed at 4 am and waking up at 2 pm.

Considering that work starts either at 6 am, 2 pm or 10 pm, and it changes sometimes twice per week, that's not much to go on.
>>
>>17351457
mm dont worry mate Im exactly the same in that regard. I took it up with my boss and got the same shift for every day, I know that's hard for most people to accomplish and I had a fair amount of leverage to work with so I'll assume thats out of the question. My old trick was too stay awake for 30hrs take a sleeping pill (I dont know what country you are from or how easy you can get your hands on them, but you'll be tired enough to manage without them anyway by this point). This of course is entirely dependent on how early you get work rosters though. Otherwise your just gonna have to tough it out.
Also have you tried Modifilan? It's meant to be useful for shift work, I've literally just ordered some the other day.
>>
>>17351490
I'm not an american, popping pills is easier said than done around here.

Many of my co-workers have children etc and I'm a 22-year-old single faggot, so I don't have much leverage to be given extra treatment.
>>
>>17351507
Yeah don't worry I'm Aussie, and honestly didnt expect to get my hands on them so easily desu. Regardless I'd say mention it to your GP as they may be able to give better advice than us.

Also have you tried meditating before bed? It can help with sleep quality.

Yeah figured you wouldn't have much luck in that department haha
>>
>>17351530
The matter is, I'm like this when I HAVE slept well, too.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.