[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get someone "in my network" to land me a job?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 408x344) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 408x344
I'm a recent college grad, non STEM major. I'm currently working my fourth internship (at a big name company with a looot of money), and my boss just told me that they're not sure if they'll be able to hire me full-time from this internship because of some budgeting crap for non-contractors/interns. This and all but one of other internships were paid, at legit companies. I'm getting hired and paid for these jobs, so I know I must be doing something right... I'm constantly applying for jobs whenever I can- I can't be an intern forever.

I only took this current internship (which pays more than some full time jobs if you break it down to by the hour) because nobody would hire me for a full time job. Why is this?
>>
Well what major is it? Give us the nitty gritty first
>>
>>17350840
"budgeting crap" is a lame excuse, id leave
>>
>>17350840
You're just there to for paid training for a limited time, and unless you are hired into a full-time position, the company well let you go and hire another intern.

Why? Depending on your state, they are likely paying part of your current income up to a maximum amount.

Out with you, in with another intern for cheap labor.
>>
>>17351238
>>17351253

Hm. All the career advice I read says "intern intern intern". "Interns coat your resume in gold". I have 4. Three are with legit companies that paid. for a frame of reference, this current company is paying me 25$/hour plus a living stipend in a city that's not expensive to live in by any means.
I feel if they're wiling to make that investment, that should have been a good sign... Then again they do have money to throw around.

What's the "edge" needed to break from interning to full time work?

>>17351158
** The job is being a technical writer, and I have a liberal arts degree with a technical minor (I dropped out of an engineering major, I know liberal arts is bullshit). I'm trying to break into usability/UX work one day, but I'll take what I can get for now to build experience.
>>
>>17351354
Get rekt son.
>>
>>17351448
Wut?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.