[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
talk my friend out of a disaster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 124051219192.jpg (129 KB, 725x633) Image search: [Google]
124051219192.jpg
129 KB, 725x633
I have a friend who is about to make a terrible decision.

He met this smoking hot girl, is dating her and sleeping around with her. I am really happy for him, until this week.

The girl is moving back to Florida and she is trying to convince him to leave his high paying IT job and move with her and be in an "open relationship". He, incredibly, is "on the fence about it".

Any suggestions on how to talk him out of this?

Although, he is a childhood friend of mine, we are very different. He is into IT, I'm more into athletics. We often don't understand each other viewpoints. I'm guessing perhaps 4chan understands better his mindset.

Any suggestions?

By the way, I'm new here, please don't speak in memes. I don't understand them
>>
>>17350783
Than who was phone?
>>
Explain him the perils of open relationships. Don\t focus on the moving, focus on that. This all sounds like a big mistake about to happen.
>>
She's from Florida... that should be reason enough to stay away.
>>
Your bro fell for the pussy trap. Ain't even Johnny Depp escaping it.
>>
>>17350783
/adv/ is typically where memes go to die. It's about a 50/50 mix of people trying to be helpful and shitposters you won't understand anyway.

That being said, why the fuck does your friend want to be in an """"""open relationship"""""" anyway? Is this something he's been a part of before? Is really emotionally and psychologically ready and capable of sharing a girl he has feelings for with other men?

These are the sorts of things you need to ask him. Obviously if she wants an open relationship she doesn't think all that much of him anyway.
>>
>>17350830
>why the fuck does your friend want to be in an """"""open relationship"""""" anyway?

pussy is completely clouding his common sense

> Is this something he's been a part of before?
No
>Is really emotionally and psychologically ready and capable of sharing a girl he has feelings for with other men?
No
>These are the sorts of things you need to ask him.
He says he really really loves her
>>
>>17350783
Tell him women come and go. Good jobs that one likes with respectful coworkers and management and good pay, don't come around every day.
>>
>>17350837
>He says he really really loves her
Yeah. And she """"""""""""loves""""""""""" him enough to get him to quit his job and move across the country so he can sit around while she goes out and fucks anything with a pulse.

Seriously dude, if he can't see why this shit is retarded for himself, it's just a mistake he's going to have to make.
>>
Lmao the nerve of this person
>>
>>17351014
Tbh senpai that might be the case. Unless something drastically bad happens before he moves...
>>
Is he capable of finding a new job with a similar pay? If not, what is his stance regarding money? Would he be perfectly satisfied with having a low paying IT job? Is she, in any way, attracted to him as a result of money? How willing is your childhood friend to take this risk? Why is it that the girl is asking him to move in with her and not the other way around?

These questions are important, because whilst to some people the idea of an 'open relationship' sounds alluringly bohemian, in practice it often doesn't go well, if at all. Of course, take into consideration the fact that an 'open relationship' is usually one person sleeping around whilst the other doesn't.

If your friend hasn't really thought about those simple questions, then he's probably going to go for it and ruin himself. Nothing you can do, other than to learn from his mistakes.
>>
>>17351041
>Is he capable of finding a new job with a similar pay?
He's in silicon valley, I don't there will be something as good as that in Florida
> If not, what is his stance regarding money?
not sure
>Would he be perfectly satisfied with having a low paying IT job?
I don't think so
>Is she, in any way, attracted to him as a result of money?
not sure
>Why is it that the girl is asking him to move in with her and not the other way around?
she says, she misses her friends

>Nothing you can do, other than to learn from his mistakes.
I already know it's an awful idea. I'm trying to drill some points in his head to make him realize how dumb his decision will be
>>
You can't focus too much on the girl when trying to convince him to stay. Doing so would just put him on the defensive.
>>
>>17350783

I say he should do it if they're going to live separately and are basically just fuck-buddies.

He can probably get a good job down there and getting sex from a smokeshow you're in an open relationship with is better than not getting sex from a smokeshow (plus, if she's hot and other women see him with her, that's going to make other women want to get with him.)

However, if this is the kind of deal where he supports her financially then he's probably being taken advantage of. She's going to spend all day fucking Chad while leaving your friend with nothing but blue balls and a huge bill.
>>
>>17350783
>talk my friend out of a disast
Don't do it
>>
>>17350783
>and move with her and be in an "open relationship". He, incredib
you got to let him screw it up

4 years on when he is walking side walks speaking to jehovah's witnesses in his tracksuit with a beard you can go pick up the pieces
>>
I cant help but think your buddy is being taken advantage of. Why would they switch from being exclusive with each other to an open relationship as soon as a move across the country is made? If the relationship began in an open circumstance, I wouldn't see a problem with it.

>Be fuckin your buddy
>Move BACK to Florida
>Begin open relationship upon arrival

Sounds like the girl has a dick waiting for her in Florida, and she wants your friend to help support her financially.
>>
>>17351086
I will be your savior. You can give me all the details you can about her, and give him my number... I'll pretend I've been fucking her behind his back this entire time.

anons unite!!1
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.