[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever since playing the game Final Fantasy X, I have fallen in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Chappu.jpg (30 KB, 1110x625) Image search: [Google]
Chappu.jpg
30 KB, 1110x625
Ever since playing the game Final Fantasy X, I have fallen in love with the character's name Chappu, the younger deceased brother of Blitzball player Wakka.

I love the sound of it, I love it so much in fact that I'm considering naming my first born son Chappu.

Is Chappu a real name? I mean have any of you ever met a Chappu before? Of what origin is it? And what do you think of the name?
>>
that's
horrible
>>
>>17350558
HA HA HA HA. HA HA HA HA
>>
>>17350558
I guess if he didn't like it, he could just go by Chap or something.

GL with the having kids thing though.
>>
>>17350586
How so?
>>
>>17350590
>GL with the having kids thing though.
No worries. I know you're implying that since I'm a nerd I should be expected to have a hard time finding a woman.

The short answer is I don't want a woman... ever. I don't plan on getting married, the thought makes me cringe, I do however want children, so I'm going to hire a surrogate to carry my child.

So I will have a son, it's just a matter of when, not how.
>>
I think Sin's toxin is getting to you.
>>
>>17350673
You got the joke, but I mean Final Fantasies aside, do you really want to pass on those autist genes. You might be better off buying someone elses baby at birth, and naming it Chappu than your own retard kid.

You probably had a normal name and got made fun of, think about having a fuckweird name on top of it.
>>
Chappu reminds me of apu, the ape from aladin
>>
>>17350558
Reminds me of Chaffu, which is Luo for 'rubbish.'
>>
Reminds me of Achoo, which is the sound of a sneeze
>>
Kinda sounds like Aku, which was the bad guy in Samurai Jack.
>>
>>17350681
>You probably had a normal name and got made fun of, think about having a fuckweird name on top of it.

To be honest, I was bit of a bully as well as being bullied, I was sort of mid tier I guess. Although I do regret my bullying others.

Also I want the child to be related to me by blood otherwise I won't feel as attached to it, also I don't have autism, but I do have OCD.
>>
Chappu remind me of do-do, which is English for shit.
>>
>>17350685
You mean Abu, Apu runs the kwik-e-mart
>>
reminds me of doo doo which is a silly word for poo poo
>>
>>17350729
yeah. but apu too
>>
Rules for naming a child in good taste:

1) Don't name your child in any language you aren't certain the child will speak. Ideally it should be in a language you speak too.
2) Don't name your child according to a culture you weren't born into, unless you are certain the child will be born into it.
3) If there is a standard spelling for your child's name in whatever script your local jurisdiction uses for legal paperwork, use that spelling on all legal paperwork. Stylize as a nickname to your heart's content.

>>17350558
>Is Chappu a real name?
>Of what origin is it?
Actually, yes. It's Hindi. It means 'oar', like the kind you'd use to row a boat. Someone on the Squeenix team did their homework.

>And what do you think of the name?
Will either of the child's parents be from India? Or will the child be born and raised there? If you can answer yes to either question, then I have no objections. Otherwise, it's total cringe.
>>
>>17350714
Samurai Jack?
>>
>>17350795
What culture is America though since were a mixing bowl salad or a melting bot or whatever?

We're made up of a ton of different cultures, so you could argue for an American just about any name is acceptable. Most of the names you're thinking of are probably Germanic or Anglo Saxon in origin, but were not Germany and were not Poland.

So can't an American name their child Chappu?
>>
>>17351003
>since were a mixing bowl salad or a melting bot or whatever?
We're not. We're as much a "melting pot" of culture as the Itaewon district in Seoul, SK. That is to: Having chinatown doesn't make "us" multicultured. It makes the people who live in chinatown multicultured.

That's why they can freely name their children Yiqi Bao just as easily as Michelle Smith. It's not really weird because it's clearly their culture and ethnicity.

You wouldn't take a full blooded irish child and name them LaDesha Shaqwan Mohattan because that's not part of their cultural background.
>>
>>17350558
Why dont you name him Wakka, or Tidus even.

or Brother even?
>>
>>17351404
Wakka is the worst of all names mentioned.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.