[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to learn sympathy as an adult? I don't care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 720x1280
Is it possible to learn sympathy as an adult?

I don't care about other people and I'm concerned that they'll pick up on it and stop caring about me in return.
>>
Sympathy and empathy are mental disorders that just happen to affect the majority. Just fake it to fit in with normies.

>stop caring

That's the thing, normies literally can not stop caring about someone. Even if that person hurts them or hates them or doesn't like them. They're like retarded puppies.
>>
>>17350528
My sister is having one of her massive breakdowns in the other room and all I want is for her to shut the fuck up so I can read.
>>
Yes, but usually its a painful lesson that'll just leave you bitter if your not prepared. Pain and suffering can build sympathy and empathy or destroy it, based on how you personally deal with the pain.
>>
>>17350540
>one of her massive breakdowns.
Honestly it sounds like your just desensitized to your sisters and also probably mothers, horse shit.
>>
>>17350542
What kind of pain?

>>17350549
I didn't cry when dad died, either, and he literally died.

Every time someone is in some kind of an obvious distress, I hate trying to guess what's the Socially Acceptable thing to do in order to not look weird.
>>
>>17350561
Do you have Aspergers? I do and I know that the struggle is seriously real. Though I don't necessarily lack sympathy and empathy; I totally feel what you're talking about when it comes to having them at inopportune moments or not at all though.
>>
>>17350602
I got tested because of reasons (basic screening, was checked for ADHD and all too) and I didn't have enough traits for a full diagnosis.
>>
>>17350561
Im sorry youre a psychopath you poor individual. You will never experience anything except the most basic pleasures.
Go get drunk. Have fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 512x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 512x467
>drowned

Fucking kek.
>>
>>17350644
I can't drink for a while.

The last time I went outside looking for the most basic pleasures I got too drunk and had my phone and vodka stolen.

All I wanted was to find a fat guy who'd let me touch them titties.
>>
Edgelordddddds
>>
>>17350644

>implying

Enjoy living a boring life being smothered with responsibilities to other people. Meanwhile I'll be doing fucking awesome shit.

Also you don't know the difference between psychopath and sociopath nor what it comprises. Read a fucking book.

>>17350540

Well if she always does that drama shit it's no wonder you're desensitized.

>dad died

eh, people die, everyone over 10 ought to understand that. Japanese expression, don't be sad the teacup broke, it was always going to break sometime or other. I've never cried over a death of anyone. Mortality is a bitch but like get over it.
>>
>>17350756
Tonight we had an argument about the fact that the word "planking" has two different positions associated with it. I asked how the fuck are we fighting about facts when we're all agreeing on every aspect. She said I just interptet everything above a whisper as fighting and that I'm too sensitive.

This same fucking bitch who had a shrieking-and-wailing tantrum last night about the fact that it's too hot to sleep with a window open.
>>
>>17350789

I hate when people sit there and argue about facts they could literally look up in two seconds. Or when a word has two definitions and you're using #2, and they go to the dictionary to "prove it" and stop after reading #1. First of all why would I lie to you if you could easily look it up and disprove me, and second why do you care so much about a random fact or technical definition to start an argument? Just to feel like you're intelligent for once?

She's also a borderline PD fucktard. Gaslight her.
>>
>>17350935
No, the thing is, mom is in this mom fitness facebook group on facebook, and they have this "extreme planking" meme going on, planking as in the exercise position.

My sister sourly says that As Far As She's Concerned, "planking" means the -11 meme. My mom notes that she knows about the alternative meaning, but this is the other meaning. My sister says s that she knows about the firsf meaning, but she meant the other meaning.

I ask how the fuck they're fighting when they fucking agree on everything. I get called too sensitive for automatically considering any and all particularly abrasive and hostile ~*conversation*~ as "fighting".
>>
>>17350958

They're the sensitive ones clearly. Ignore the morons who have nothing better to do, anon. most people who argue over shit like that just do it to take out their frustrations over other unrelated shit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.