[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am lost and i dont know what to do with my life. i feel pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1428578997900669.jpg (27 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1428578997900669.jpg
27 KB, 550x535
I am lost and i dont know what to do with my life. i feel pretty shitty. Im awful at academic work due to being dyslexic, and therefore cant do well in regards to university work. I got my results back from my exam and i just about passed even though i spend countless hours studying. would rather kill myself than work a shit job. Would appreciate some advice. im 22.
>>
>>17350164
bump
>>
>>17350164
was in the same boat.
stay active. DO SOMETHING
If you've played GTA 5 listen to what Michael says to his son. You're that son. I was that son. Get off your ass and do something. You won't find your strengths and interests by just consuming
Hope this helps
>also: https://vimeo.com/169914568
Another pro-tip: Not all university studies are academic paper-writing, although it might be in clapistan
>>
>>17350164
Outline your work before you start it...

When you have due dates, mark them down, but also write down dates you need to start them, and break them into smaller pieces in-between.

After you complete writing assignments, read them out loud and make corrections, then read them out loud while recording it, play back the recording and make any corrections if needed.

If you can get audio recordings of books, do that. It's a fucking time saver. While you're listening to the books, pause it, jot down any notes, and press play.

Take notes on laptops or tablets. Only take hand written notes at home to jot down simple shit. Organize your notes like a formatted list for easy readability.

Cut your research time in half. Only get enough information you need to give a proper summary and build on that.

That's just a few things that will really help out.
>>
Move your ass and do something anon, try adding new interests and hobbies, you gotta find joy in life to keep the depression away.
I seriously recommend Gym.
>>
>>17350222
thanks for the advice but i done all that. i done well on most course work but i done pretty bad on the exams. i dont know why really. i probably study the most out of everyone i spoke to. i have always been bad at academic work, i think its just not compatible with me, im simply bad at it. probably because im dyslexic.

>>17350213
thank you. i do have interests, although i am unsure if i could produce money from pursuing them as a career. i like writing, working out and reading. i have considered writing a book, though my writing ability isnt the greatest. might write a philosophy book anyway.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.