[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have a friend who I used to talk to all the time. We'd message
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 2.jpg (217 KB, 740x1110) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
217 KB, 740x1110
Have a friend who I used to talk to all the time. We'd message daily. She'd always initiate and she considers us close friends. If we didn't talk for a few hours she'd message again.

Recently she's stopped messaging and if we don't talk for a few days she'd bring it up and say I need to make more effort. Ok so I do that, but I feel the chat has just gone dead and like she isn't bothered anymore and saying I need to make more effort is kind of shifting the blame because I honestly believe she just doesn't want to talk anymore. She doesn't message later in the day to keep contact either.

Lately she's been having a rough time, feeling burned out from social interaction, so she said she was going offline for a week. Came back, cool but the chat was still dead. Saw her IRL recently and she seemed fine, smiling, hugging, chatty etc.

I had to leave without saying bye (was in a group so didn't say bye to anyone) and understandably she was annoyed. I apologised and explained why and she said she was over it since I explained.

Next day she posted that she was going offline for a week again. We chatted a little bit for a minute here and there and I left it as "let me know when you are back" This was a little over a week ago. I also sent her a get well card but she didn't message to say she got it, despite having been online since.

She's been online recently but hasn't messaged. I don't know if she's really that low that she doesn't feel like talking or if she's just one of these people who go from person to person and is now bored of me and chatting to other people, or maybe she wants to see if I miss her and will message her? I feel like she's messaging someone because the last active timer keeps resetting to 1m.
>>
SHE DOESN'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU ANYMORE
>>
Let her know that things have been off and that it concerns you, that your there for her if she needs to say something or needs a shoulder to lean on. Also let her know you understand people need their space sometimes but also to not forget that your there for her. thats all you need to say for now.
>>
>>17350196
Yeah it certainly looks like it doesn't it?

>>17350200
Done this before. She wanted to call me last week to talk about something but I couldn't take the call since I had to sleep for work, and was going to speak to her in the morning instead. She said she didn't want to speak about it then though.
>>
>>17350210
sounds like you been a bad friend in her mind with all these 'inconveniences' . Sure you can say you have this excuse, but she is going to think you dont give a fuck.

Ya blew it OP.
>>
So what next? Do I message her? Do I hope she messages me? How do I react when she does message me? I'm pretty upset and annoyed that she considers me a close friend and would just air me like that. Am I supposed to act like nothing happened?
>>
>>17350236
you did the same shit u described to her (once again, even if you had legit excuses), she needed you at a point which happened to be at night, but you cared about work more than her so now shes taking it out on you. nothing much you can do but wait it out till she opens up.
>>
>>17350375
That was kind of her fault. She knows I work nights and I only has 3 hours before work to sleep. She said she wanted to talk but wasn't ready. She didn't say what it was about so I thought it was just general chit chat. It turned out to be important but she didn't want to speak about it after the fact. Had she said it was important believe me I'd have gone without sleep to help her.

I'm really worried that she will never message again,but I don't think it's a good idea to contact her right now
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.