[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relationship Issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: long-distance-relationships1.jpg (35 KB, 615x300) Image search: [Google]
long-distance-relationships1.jpg
35 KB, 615x300
My boyfriend and I were really close when I lived near him but I went home, out of state, and I've been gone for a good month or so. He works three days in a row, Sat. Sun. and Mon. full time, but he has all other days off. I have been trying to contact him and keep in touch (because I'm coming back soon). I previously endured a 4 year long distance relationship so I would say I'm decent and maintaining contact but I am just getting nothing from him. I know for sure he still loves me and wants me but he is so bad at remembering to contact me, and when he does its the most boring conversation ever because he's usually doing something on his computer and not giving the (rare) conversation his full attention. Breaking up isn't an option yet because I'm moving back soon, but I am honestly in so much pain and I feel very neglected. I've mentioned it before but nothing has changed really. He has a bunch of time that he isn't working but he still doesn't contact me unless I do it first, and every day he neglects contacting me, I feel less and less attached to him. I don't know what to do.
>>
Shame you can't smell his dick over the internet, eh?
>>
>>17348541
This is not advice
>>
>>17348566
I know, it's shitposting. I'm introducing you to /adv/, since this is actually a place to shitpost, not get advice. I can almost guarantee you that you will get nothing of value out of this thread.

But you're welcome for bumping your moribund thread.
>>
>>17348571
Are there any helpful people on here anywhere? I am literally asking anyone who cares because I don't know what to do
>>
Idk, its hard to say, like I guess what I would do is just go back and confront him about it and see what was up or whatever. What other options do you have? Why were you even gone for a month? Do you live with him?
>>
>>17348577
Everyone who comes in and comments in your thread is going to tell you that your boyfriend is cheating on you and call you a dumbass for being in a long-distance relationship. I simply chose to make light of the situation since I like dark humor when I'm feeling like shit.

That being said, I'm the kind of dude who can make a LDR work, and you seem to be the kind of girl who can as well. However, not everyone is capable of that.

My suggestion is that you need to have a serious talk with him about this and give serious consideration to whether or not this is worth keeping. If this is something that can be changed, see about that. If this is a temporary situation, consider whether or not it's worthwhile to hold through this point. Lastly, take a moment to think logically about whether he actually loves you and is just being absent-minded or doesn't actually give a shit about you and has mindfucked you into thinking he does.

Ultimately, this advice is just as useless as anything else you'll get, because this depends more on your own introspection and judgement than the opinions of a bunch of bitter assholes on the Internet like me who don't know or care about your situation.

Good luck
>>
>>17348599
>>17348600
this you definitely need to talk to him about it, the easiest way to have a full blown conversation is in person.
>>
>>17348600
Thank you for being helpful (which you were)
>>
>>17348606
The thing is, the problem will go away completely if we're in person, but what happens if I have to leave again? It'll just be as difficult
>>
>>17348608
You're welcome. I have to get back to my angry shitposting now, excuse me.
>>
>>17348611
just out of curiosity, why did you leave? Were you visiting family or what? And I mean, really the only thing you can do is just tell him how much it means to you for him to talk to you while you are gone when he can, like you understand that he's busy sometimes but also has a lot of days off, just have an extremely serious conversation with him, has this happened before or is this the first time?
>>
>>17348617
Yeah I went home to visit family and see my best friend before she left for New Zealand for awhile. Before this, we saw each other almost every day. When I got back we were gonna get a place together (he was living with his dad because it was closer to college) but now I'm not so sure I want to. And I've had a couple serious conversations about this and he says he loves me and he'll try harder but I'm not seeing much of that. He says after 3 days of work he just comes home and lays down with a beer because he's too tired to do anything else.. but like.. that would be a great time to give me a little love, don't ya think? Maybe I'm being too needy..
>>
>>17348629
No, you're not being too needy, he should at least talk to you for a little bit each day, to check in to make sure everything's alright. Honestly, this isn't necessarily the 100% an amazing idea, but you could possibly almost "threaten" him and say that if he doesn't comply then you don't think moving in with him is a good idea, just be straight up honest with him, and tell him exactly how you feel and if he just brushes it off then just really consider your relationship as a whole and if it's worthwhile, if there's no communication, its just bound to fail. Good luck anon
>>
>>17348666
first time ever getting trips and of course its in a fucking /adv thread thats gay
>>
>>17348715
Devil trips, no less. That's how it usually goes, though. You're posting in a thread with quote a few gets, interestingly.
>>
>>17348525
Make sure he gets tested before he fucks you again
>>
>>17348525
That's extremely shady. When a guy likes a girl he'll go after her - so lots of texting about nothing, or creeping on your social media, ha. If he's not even doing the bare minimum stuff like that - because those take almost no effort whatsoever - then you have reason to be worried.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.