[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advice as to how to lie about work history on a resume?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 1463107557992.webm (3 MB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
1463107557992.webm
3 MB, 640x344
Any advice as to how to lie about work history on a resume?
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 220x293
>>17347113
Well anon you can put down that in '06 you were Times magazine's person of the year.
>>
Make up a fake office location, say it was at the address of a friend's house if you must include an address. Say that you worked general office duties, took calls, did something that only requires them to call your friend at most. Something believable. Say you repaired cell phones or made vape juice or was just an office slave/assistant to someone self-employed.
>>
Depends on the gig you're applying for as to how deep you're gonna have to go to hide your history.

At my small store, for the most part, I won't even check past history. I'll call the most recent one back, but other than that whatever.
>>
>>17347113

most jobs dont check your references, so fill em up. be prepared to have someone lie for you but dont worry too much. I had listed Bryan Singer as a reference and he never once got a call, just saying.

take whatever you can and stretch it. just make usre it backs up your skills. if you know how to use a computer, stretch your office experience out.

i did one day of volunteering as a bus boy at a chairity dinner. on my resume it was four months of volunteering, and you dont even need to include a reference cuz its a CHARITY. its great.

as for office work, i helped a guy move some furniture in his office once. thats 4 months as an intern at NATIV.

if you are applying for a job and it insists on barista experience, claim you have it via your fake charity dinner work. the night before your interview just google 'starbucks training video' and you'll see how to use various machines.

they will STILL train you how to use their machine cuz they want you to make their coffee their way.

apply that logic to... everything.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.