[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life transformation blog So, i started to change myself from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: treee.jpg (3 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
treee.jpg
3 KB, 275x183
Life transformation blog

So, i started to change myself from depression and obesity into a positive thinking, healthy guy with new goals in life not too long a go.

Recently, i was adviced to watch one TED talk video about getting yourself up and learning what is your own purpose of life. I think they helped me and im now feeling somewhat hopeful. I really try to like myself and even if im not there yet, i think im closer. I looked myself from the mirror and was thinking that i am actually a good guy. I just need to work on myself a bit. I want to become the best version of myself! I realized i have a lot of potential.

Thanks for reading my blog
>>
I don't usually care much for people who say they're going to do something. I have very little faith in what people say they're going to do. But regardless, I'd like to take a look at your blog. What's the link?
>>
>>17346740

been there, and i get it OP. i remember when i decided to start my own transformation, and the first step is saying 'i do want to be happy and am going to work towards it'.

at least for me, just being able to say / admit / acknowledge that I am willing to fix whatever comes my way, made me a lot happier. it wasn't fulfillment. i was still wandering trying to find the right path, but it was definitely the right direction.

my boss likes to say
>perfection is the death of spirituality

which means that, no matter how far you come along, there is no endgame. whatever your purpose in life, its continual. there is no climax toyour story.

life is a lot more like a TV show than a movie. it keeps going and going and escalating and getting bigger and bigger. everytime you think its over, it keeps going. but you manage to have a lot of fun and grow a lot along the way.

thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>17346740
That's awesome dude, I've decided to better myelf too, I've read a lot more, I've been studying music theory, practicing playing, listening to jazz, doing puzzles like suduko, and have been broadening my vocabulary and cutting down on cursing when its not necessary. Nothing huge but I'm happy with myself.
>>
>>17346740
Not op, but I really enjoyed reading this, you have a beautiful way with words and bring up some interesting topics
>>
>>17346776
Sorry meant to reply to>>17346771
>>
>be fat WoW player
>get stick up ass
>want to join military
>drop 100 lbs
>running miles
>lifting weights
>they didn't want me because i didn't graduate, and didn't have a GED

Oh well, at least it got me to break my WoW habit, and I got in normal/average shape. Now, years later I live a normal life, make a middle class wage, and don't play WoW.
>>
>>17346784

thanks man. I work in a self help industry, so we try to word things as poetically as possible. people tend to take it to heart more. hopefully it helps.
>>
>>17346771
good stuff, bro. I am now in a kcal deficit. That i feel slightly "hungy" or that my legs are hurting a bit after work out reminds me of hope. To feel in my body a healthy strain just makes me feel good mentally.

>>17346773
this is nice. I actually should add reading books to my list, this is very good idea. Its good to do something what you never did before. Im a musician myself so im practising anyway.
>>
>>17346866

weight loss can be rough. ive never been more than 125 pounds, but thats pushing it for me. at 125 last week i was the fattest (in terms of look) i have ever been and wanted to stop it before it became a problem.

what works for me is
>cut out almost all carbs

i still eat it here and there. for instance i had a slice of cake with in my calorie limit one day, and yesterday i had brown rice with my chipotle burrito.

but those are less than once a day. versus what I used to do
>two slices of bread with peanut butter
>a sandwich for lunch
>bagels for snacks
>rice or noodles with dinner
>something sweet like cookies or cake for dessert

thats pretty much all day carbs. you still gotta cut the calories but if you remove carbs it becomes a lot easier, plus they say it forces your body to use fat for energy instead of... well carbs.

instead of noodles i use greenbeans. instead of bread with peanutbutter i do banana. no sandwiches for lunch, i replace one meal a day with just steamed delicious fucking veggies. maybe ad an egg.

its going great so far. lost a little weight, and it seems to be pretty strictly on my gut, which is nice cuz i have an amazing ass.
>>
>>17346889
i added cottage cheese, eggs, ham and rye bread to my table. I cannot be without carbs, because then i dysfunction so i have some but limited. Eating apples, carrots and salad and shit. They say drinking lemon juice is good, dunno but i could try.

Practically speaking, im swollen because i like beer. So, i guess quitting binging will do alot
>>
>>17346907

when people talk about removing carbs they mostly mean breads, grains, etc. not carbs like fruit and such.

s for juice, dunno why youd want juice at all. water is the best thing in the world, i could chug it all day.

i like beer too but i rarely drink more than half since im recovering from brain damage. i get drunk too easily.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.