[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My dog died. I don't really care. I've had it forever,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: isrgrbtyce.png (36 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
isrgrbtyce.png
36 KB, 657x527
My dog died. I don't really care. I've had it forever, I took care oof it, but it dying dosen't really make me sad. I don't see why people attach so much value to animals.
Does that make me a bad guy?
>>
It's normal to care for animals with a lot of personality, animals that love you and most importantly animals that ARENT ANNOYING .

I don't think I'd miss a small curly haired piece of shit mop looking dog as much as I'd miss something loving like a floppy beagle or a goofy bulldog.

I know this sounds cruel and selective, but people have bred dogs for selective traits for centuries. They're all objectively cute- but some aren't really ones I'd ever own because I know I wouldn't feel close to them.
>>
it just means you didn't love your dog or ever become attached to it

so its okay I guess but then why have a dog anyway?

animals can be an extremely effective type of therapy but it just doesn't work for some people I suppose
>>
>>17346571
How long has it been since the dog died? You could be going through the emotional circle right now. Need to know what the most likely next state is.
>>
>>17346571
That's fine. Dogs are smelly and obnoxious, anyway. You won't be missing anything.

Time to enjoy your life without a needy beast on your back.
>>
>>17346571
Look on the bright side. You can move on with your own life instead of standing there doting on an animal's death.
>>
>>17346571
Well since you call it an 'it' you clearly didn't get attached to it.
>>
>>17346640
So do you
>>
>>17346577
Why is that "cruel" they're just fucking dogs.
>>
>>17347023
Because they're living things we've lived with for centuries , some have even helped us survive in tough environments. I find other forms of life and biology pretty interesting; even though a lot of doggos are really malformed or riddled with health risks because of interbreeding.

They can be lonely too, but not all animals are right for people- and not all people are right for animals.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.