[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I swim daily, and my fingertips (nothing else for some reason)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 20160711_150928.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20160711_150928.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I swim daily, and my fingertips (nothing else for some reason) end up looking like this, and it's pretty painful. I tried some lotion for dry skin that my room mate had and it does the trick, but only for 3-4 hours or so. How do I deal with this? I assume it'd go away if I stopped swimming, but I don't really want to do that.
>>
>>17346265
It's the chlorine in the water. Use lotion every day if you want to see results, especially after you shower. CeraVe is a good brand, try to avoid anything petroleum based.
>>
>>17346279
Ugh, suspected as much. The chlorine smell is pretty persistent, usually doesn't go away even after showering. Thinking about getting chlorine removal shampoo for that. Do you think that does the trick for the fingers too or do I want something separate for that?
>>
Too much chlorine. I'd give my whole body a break if I were you. Is there anywhere you can swim that has a saltwater pool instead of using chlorine? Retinol, vitamin E, and coconut oil will help.
>>
File: nubian-soap.png (473 KB, 900x585) Image search: [Google]
nubian-soap.png
473 KB, 900x585
>>17346281
The issue with chlorine is that it strips your skin of its natural oils, thus causing dryness. Using shampoo on your skin would exacerbate the issue. I'd recommend african black soap or something similar.
>>
>>17346282
The local pool where I'm swimming is right next to the ocean and they actually use chlorinated salt water from there, so I suppose I could just walk 100 meters and swim in the ocean. Would feel kind of silly after having spent €160 on a 1-year membership though. How do professional swimmers deal with chlorine-related issues?
>>
Moisturize in advance. No lotions, go straight for the real stuff like vaseline or oil. Chlorine's aggressive stuff.
>>
File: 1466423487643.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1466423487643.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>17346297
Promptly eaten by a shark.
>>
How long are you in the pool every day?
>>
>>17346422
Always more or less an hour.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.