[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is colored hair really that big of a "red flag" for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: niice.jpg (56 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
niice.jpg
56 KB, 500x750
Is colored hair really that big of a "red flag" for guys? I wouldn't describe myself as being "liberal" whatsoever, or any of the other things correlated with that style as a matter of fact, but I dye my hair a different bright color every few months. I just think it's fun honestly, why is there such a strong correlation between "alternative" styles and tumblr girls(TM)?

I've noticed it as well of course, but do people really instantly form that opinion of someone with blue, pink, w/e color hair the first moment they see them?
>>
It also depends on the haircut.
To me, coloured hair isn't a red flag unless it's that awful red that is so popular with the tumblr crowd.

Chances are in the back of my mind I'll make an assumption though, in the way that you make assumptions about anyone you freshly meet.
>>
>>17346087
Depends on the guy in question,I'd say.

I for one am majorly into girls with dyed hair, especially when it's dyed red.
>>
Depends. The more outrageous the hairstyle, the more often I think that girl is thinking "if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best". This is a major turn off.
>>
>>17346098
Seconded.
>>
It says you're an attention whore
>>
Being associated with being an SJW is just one potential problem.

Regardless of their political views they're probably a mentally unstable attention whore.
>>
I hate literally every dyed hair. Highlights on the other hand is fine as long as they don't look like ass.

I would rather natural colours every time, highlights optional.
>>
>>17346087
it's a red flag only because it's difficult to tell. some girls dye their hair because it's fun and spontaneous. some girls do it because they have deep seated issues with their body image or family life. therefore it's a red flag, not a dealbreaker, but certainly cause for concern
>>
Is wearing Nazi paraphernalia really that big of a "red flag" for people? I wouldn't describe myself as being "racist" whatsoever, or any of the other things correlated with that style as a matter of fact, I attend rallies every few months. I just think it's fun honestly, why is there such a strong correlation between "alt-right" styles and racists(TM)?

I've noticed it as well of course, but do people really instantly form that opinion of someone with a shaved head, a swastika, and a White Power tattoo the first moment they see them?
>>
>>17346087
If it's Fernanda then no. Otherwise, most girls are just tumblrinas, have mental issues or both.
>>
File: instapepe.jpg (21 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
instapepe.jpg
21 KB, 320x320
why do you give a fuck? guys that see it as a red flag are too stuck up for you anyways.
>>
>>17346087

I don't really care. Fit to some girl, not ot some others.
>>
I Love girls with extrairdinary hair color
>>
For me it's less of a judgement and more of a question awaiting an answer. So if I see someone with that kind of hair, I'll just instinctively be more alert to anything that either confirms or debunks that they're crazy.
>>
I'm inclined to believe that men who see dyed hair as a red flag are few enough to be negligible. Remember, anons aren't representative of all men.
>>
>>17346226
Kek
>>
>>17346140
This is a ridiculous comparison and I feel dumber for having read it.
>>
>>17346087
> I just think it's fun
this isn't how humans make decisions, this is a backwards rationalization.

considering the entire population, you're a female on 4chan, that raises red flags in and of itself, but now you've made a thread to discuss (you). you didn't just ask about colored hair as red flags to discuss it, leaving your identity outside the discussion because it doesn't matter to the answers you supposedly seek, you inserted yourself and your own opinions straight into this middle and made yourself the topic of discussion, which would line up with the attention whore/emotional instability image.. but im guessing you will also backwards rationalize that.

yes, its a red flag. you've demonstrated admirably that you fall neatly within this category, but you've also demonstrated a lack of self awareness and intelligence as well.

[spoiler]and stop putting air quotes on every single noun/adjective[/spoiler]
>>
>>17346087
it is a red flag, but it's not a deal breaker. if a guy thinks you're cute, typically they will test the waters and see if you're a tumblrina with subtle conversation.

some guys are also tumblr fags who are just as bad, so you might attract them too. I personally have seen some girls who pulled off the color look well, but for me, yes it is a red flag. not a deal breaker by any means; if she's cool then I'm interested, but I am cautious at first depending on what kind of style you have.
>>
>>17346087
>why is there such a strong correlation between "alternative" styles and tumblr girls(TM)?
Because tumblr adopts whatever is alternative as some kind of "fuck you" to the patriarchy (grown-ups).
>>
>>17346266

/adv/ is for seeking personal advice, not discussing culture. Of course it's about her.
>>
>>17346087
Hey, OP from pink hair chick thread here, the correlation for me is that these women typically have this hair. It's no red flag, but considering this trend is far too common for me personally, it's not unwarranted.
It's the whole package that gets me: the appearance, the clothes, the demeanor; the hair is just one aspect
>>
>Is colored hair really that big of a "red flag" for guys?

No, it's great cause then I know you're easy.
>>
It says to me that you don't have a respectable job, and that while you might be a great pump & dump, you're not marriage material. As I get older, that becomes more important.
>>
>>17346239
This is a perfect response, and I feel lulzworthier for having replied to it.
>>
>>17346087
Is it an unnatural color? HUGE flag.
Platinum blonde with regrowth showing, or 'natural' red to deep red? Moderate flag.
Highlights, retouches, 'natural' colors? That's ok.
>>
1.) It's usually uglier than your natural color
2.) It looks like a deliberate plea for attention (when it's a non-natural color), and people who make those kinds of pleas tend to have problems socializing.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x750
purely 4 aesthetic valu
>>
>>17346087
Yes, it is for people who browse 4chan.
>>
>>17346087

It's sort of the entire package that's a red flag or not, just hair colour by itself isn't an indication of anything.
>>
>>17346459
What is this color called and how do u achieve it?
>>
I hang out with a lot of alternative, punk rock, goth or metal head girls.

The people who go support local bands and stuff are generally pretty stable; and most are extremely supportive of their partners. Being accepted socially in a cities "scene" is something that can have dire consequences if you act poorly (like losing ALL your friends)

In general, everyone dyes their hair nowadays. You can tell how insecure someone is by how much they DONT FIT their colored hair.

Someone who is off their rocker will be much more eager to follow social trends without much thought for a lack of personality (pastel colors outside of Japan, feminism, tumblr fashion)

In general, I think I am much more wary of women for their choices of clothing over their hair colour.

Usually if a woman , or anyone has people that don't like her, it means she stands for something. This can be good or bad.
>>
>>17346087
Much like tattoos and piercings, it screams attention whore.
>>
Unnatural colours are a big turn off. Blond,brown and black is all good but blue and green and purple make you come off as a nutter.
>>
>>17346266
Well... this IS a question I had about myself and the way my appearance comes off, so of course it's about me. Not sure what would be wrong with that. Just about every question on this board is specific to the poster. I think you're reading a bit too far into a harmless question.

Does it follow that everyone else on /adv/ is emotionally unstable for asking for advice/opinions?
>>
>>17346912
>Does it follow that everyone else on /adv/ is emotionally unstable for asking for advice/opinions?
Not necessarily by that logic, but it doesn't stop it from being true in your case.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 232x217) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 232x217
A question for the guys in this thread. What do you think of a girl with this hair cut? No funky colors, but normal brown too.
>>
>>17347012
Poisoned.
>>
Depends. I've met cool chicks that just enjoyed having fun with their hair, and I've met attention whores. I would say that more often that not it denotes a chick that's an attention whore, but I recognize it's not ALL of em.
>>
>>17347108
I'll kill you and the knight!!
>>
>>17347133
Night*

Fuck
>>
>>17346087
>do people really instantly form that opinion
yes, yes, and yes. i avoid women with unnatural hair color like the plague. i tend to steer clear of dyed hair in general, even if it is a naturally occurring color. its not real. it indicates a lack of confidence in oneself, and a willingness to hide things from others. these opinions are the product of experience.
>>
>>17346098

This.

>>17346130

This.

The biggest fear-factor is that she's a bat-shit man-hating feminist.
The second, is that she's just batshit.

>>17346176

This is literally the same denial I go into about all the girls who find me creepy, lol. (all of them).

>>17346316
>It says to me that you don't have a respectable job,

This is also a worry.

So essentially, what I take from hair dyed a stupid colour is, you're either a man-hater, batshit, or both. Who have a shitty job and make no effort to redeem that - while most likely complaining about a debunked mythical wage-gap despite tanking your own career and blaming on your gender, instead.

However, I firmly believe that some colours are worse than others.

Blue - 100% chance of feminist, most likely dyke-mode too.
Green - who the FUCK dyes their hair green? She's fucking crazy, she'll wear/eat your face and leave your body in someones soup.
Short dyke-mode Miley Cyrus troll doll cut - Not actually a hair colour, but worth mentioning. 100% chance of batshit.
White - Possible done as a cosplay (90% chance feminist) or emo (chance she's still stuck in teenage-like bitchiness and mannerism mode, avoid at all costs)
Red - Not as bad, Rihanna looked good with red hair, and it convinced other women to try it, It became mainstream so the crazies got diluted with sane people. It's now difficult to tell.
Natural hair colours - most likely saner than unnatural hair colours, unless they are insane and cunning.
>>
>>17346087
One of the big arguments against girls who dye their hair with bright colors is that they crave attention. However, I live in Los Angeles and most girls (maybe 95% of them) do not dye their hair with flashy colors. Does that mean that 95% of girls dont like attention? Absolutely not!

Also, I have never dyed my hair before. Do guys not like that because they'll think Im boring? No.

Can somebody cite a study that is against my argument? Im curious to see some hard numbers.
>>
>>17346087
Same anon as >>17347786

I know it's harder to get a job with flashy hair, though. Maybe that could be a red flag for some guys. I know a woman in her early 30s who dyes her hair blue and manages a law firm in downtown L.A., but she applied for the job with her natural hair color.
And I think everybody who feels attraction for a person should try to test the waters rather than be judgmental, but that's too optimistic for humans.
>>
Idk, idc, I just think it looks cute on girls. I don't want to judge another person based on a few physical characteristics such as hair color/dye.
>>
File: profilecrop.png (1 MB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
profilecrop.png
1 MB, 1600x1600
>>17346087
I really like girls that have that "alternative" look, so there's a lot more than dyed hair I look for to make sure you're not batshit crazy. So to answer your question, no I don't think it's really a red flag and definitely not a dealbreaker
>>
>>17347786
Girls in Los Angeles are already vapid attention whores by default. Those who color their hair bullshit colors are just trying to be a special snowflake attention whores.

t. someone who lives in Los Angeles
>>
I just saw OP rushing to the pharmacy grabbing 6 cans of dye removal
>>
>>17346087
It's more of a red flag to [r9k].
>>
Yea, it's shit. Nothing looks as good as natural to me.

I don't want to fuck a barbie doll.
>>
>>17346087
It depends desu, a lot of guys wouldnt want to do anything with you. A lot of guys would also be completely okay using you, or cheating on you since they perceive you as a slut.
>>
Here's a simple logic thinking that might help you
>Dyed hair colours are frowned upon
>Someone decide to dye their hair to the unusual bright colour
>All while knowing the consequences of irritating others
>It's easy to relate this certain someone to a person that's self centered, inconsiderate and unbearable to be with
>>
Nop, fuck that. Do your thing. And if it doesn't work for you, you'll do what comes natural. You can't be a young female and complain about the lack of dick in your life in this age. It's just not worthy of significance. Maybe you're reeling from a breakup? Or a hookup that you wanted to follow through but he backed out? Keep trying luv, you're only 20 for 52 weeks.
>>
>>17348265
Dyed hair is only frowned upon by conservatives. You're hardly even people.
>>
>>17348283
t. degenerate tumblrette
>>
>>17348283
>>17348368
the anon that you replied to.
I'm just stating simple logic there.

You know there's a group of people hate this.
Yet you decide to do it.
Then face the consequences.

Don't yell and cry like a baby expecting everybody should eat your shit up and accept you.
grow up
>>
>>17348383
>expecting bimbos to use logic
>expecting bimbos to take personal responsibility
Oh anon, you're funny.
>>
File: wnw4YeD.png (25 KB, 557x238) Image search: [Google]
wnw4YeD.png
25 KB, 557x238
Yep. Pretty much every crazy, bipolar, tumblr-tier woman I've dealt with has tried to be unique with dyed hair, piercings, or other "alternative" looks. You may be a reasonable person yourself, but I'm going to be a bit guarded until I know you well enough.

>>17347786
>One of the big arguments against girls who dye their hair with bright colors is that they crave attention. However, I live in Los Angeles and most girls (maybe 95% of them) do not dye their hair with flashy colors. Does that mean that 95% of girls dont like attention?
Major difference between liking something and acting like a fool for it. I like beer, doesn't mean I get a free pass for alcoholism.
>>
>>17346087
most girls with unnatural hair colors are bat-shit and if I wanted to be accused of rape I would date one.
>>
>>17348269
>You can't be a young female and complain about the lack of dick in your life in this age.
Correct, and dying your hair to look like a clown is the perfect way to advertise that your legs are always open for business.
>>
>>17346087
>>
>>17347133
Did I unwittingly make a reference to something?
>>
File: binx.jpg (40 KB, 600x589) Image search: [Google]
binx.jpg
40 KB, 600x589
I think this picture speaks for itself.
>>
As much as I like the look of colored hair (when done in minimal ways), every single person with colored hair has been a mentally unstable little shit, hardcore sjw, the "hey Im vegan! by the way did you hear Im vegan?" kind of a vegan or what have you.

I associate colored hair with the unsavory types.
>>
I always assume that any girl who has the will and the funds to dye her hair has her life too much on track to ever be interested in me.
>>
>>17346087
Yes unless you are Asian
>>
>>17346087
Depends. If fits ugly and you have piercings then I'd try to avoid you because you'll make me think of a feminazi who will try to made me think of my "white male privilege".
Otherwise, if you look cute and gentle (and no piercings) I will like you.

Personally (and I would like to ask to all of you here what do you think), I have a weird attraction for a very specific platinum-white long haired girls. No piercings, or whore faces. Just pure and sweet girls.
>>
>>17346196
Yeah me too. I love girls with natural hair color. Wicked right?
>>
>>17348383
>simple logic
proceeding from the mistaken idea that disliking dyed hair is a trait shared by a large and important population.
>>
Experimenting with wacky hair colors and zany socks is fine in middle school but is a cause for alarm anytime after
Just let's people know you're mentally 13, not serious about being an adult, etc...
>>
Sorry to hijack thread but please halp: >>17349427

Also I'm sageing my own post.
>>
I used to not trust people with too much need of externalise their personality, I find colored hairs hot but I used to think they must carry a lot of problems.
Til I found her.
I was right but I'm in love anyway
10/10 wouldn't do it again
>>
>>17349405
Yep, it's true no logic had ever existed in your head, not even a tiny moment.
>mistaken idea
>about disliking dyed hair is a trait shared by a large and important population.

If it's a mistaken idea, then why would OP be bothered if she should dye her hair or not?

Choose only one
>Nobody is bothered by dye hair
or
>People are actually bothered by dye hair, and have a wide common impression of dyed hair = crazy women

If you need me to break it further down so you can understand, please let me know.
>>
No offense, but when I see dyed hair in wild anime colors, I immediately think "grungy gangbang meth whore" crawling with STD's. I am a pretty good looking guy, girls hit on my regularly.
>>
>>17349496
"I also drive seven cars at once and consume all food through my nostrils and speak through my anal cavity"
>>
>>17346310
This
>>
>>17347012
would be pretty sexy imo
>>
>>17346087
Most of my friends, including me, really dig girls with coloured hair so no redflag bullshit. IDK how it is in other places
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.