[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a weird relationship with self-sabotage. Whenever something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 185x157) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 185x157
I have a weird relationship with self-sabotage.
Whenever something I like comes up for me, I do my best to ruin it or lost the opportunity.

Whenever I manage to break/lose the good thing, I feel pleasure all over myself.

For ex. I've got a lot of time to study for an exam and I purposefully do nothing to fail the class. When someone shows me affection,friendship or whatever I ignore them or behave passive aggressively in order to make them mad and abandon me. I purposefully hurt junk food and drinks and don't do exercise to feel sick. Whenever I buy something I like, I break it or throw it in the trash just for the regret.

What's going on with me? Am I the ultimate masochist?
>>
>>17346080
*I purposefully eat junk food
>>
I also like insulting myself with thoughts like "I'm a failure" and other heneric stuff
>>
Also, everytime I get insulted I insult back in order to get insulted more and I feel soo good.

And when someone gives me a compliment I turn it down immediately, trying to insult the person who said it because it causes me pain.

Like "Thanks you helped me Nick, you are so smart" and I would answer "I'm not smart, it's that you're an brainless idiot" and it makes me feel so good when they get sad
>>
>>17346080
Also, when mom and dad try to interact with me I give them the cold shoulder and it feels sooo good to see them disheartened.
>>
>>17346080
im a lot like this too. sometimes i'll hit on a girl in a club (rare) and i think i could get her, but then i leave and tell myself im too shy or something, because the tradgedy of that loss and the self hate is tastier to me than actually getting a girl. maybe its cognitive dissonance, i dont really know.

i am heavily nihliistic in that i dont think anything matters because we die, and theres no meaning, so its whatever really
>>
I'm like this too, to a lesser extent. Not sure why, but I think it's probably because I like throwing self-pity parties for myself. I purposely sabotage myself to feel pity for myself. How retarded.
>>
I'm like this too I notice !

I get pleasure out of getting in trouble or doing something bad. Why are we so dysfunctional?

most of the time I feel numb and jaded.
>>
>>17346333
>Why are we so dysfunctional?
Just one simple word.
Stress.
All of you are stressed and it's your weird masochistic way to relieve that stress out of your system.
>>
>>17346340
If you ever decide and would like you could find new and less destructive ways to do so. Like picking up fulfilling hobbies or so. Reading, painting, etc
>>
>>17346346
>>17346340
genius! thanks for your contribution
>>
File: 13059606.jpg (28 KB, 975x600) Image search: [Google]
13059606.jpg
28 KB, 975x600
Are you guys serious? I can't believe this is actually a legit thing
>>
>>17346617
hey, there's guys who get aroused to floor tiles, everything can be a thing
>>
>>17346514
>Not sure if serious
Oh well.. if you are, you're welcome :)
>>
holy shit i do the same things. i don't get that much pleasure out of it at all but i have these reactions on impulse. i don't fucking get why i do it because i always question it afterwards and try to stop myself.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.