[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /adv/. I've been dating a girl for nearly a year now,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Tomoko kill me now.png (210 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
Tomoko kill me now.png
210 KB, 600x390
Hi, /adv/. I've been dating a girl for nearly a year now, and she truly and honestly wants to spend the rest of her life with me, but I just don't want to date her. The problem is, if I stop dating her, I fully believe she might try to commit suicide.

As for why I don't want to date her, she's ready for commitment and I am not. Also, maybe this is shallow, but I'm not that physically and emotionally attracted to her. I feel like she's alright, but I can do better in a lot of ways.
When we first started dating, I told her I loved her when I didn't, and that we could get married in a few years because she wanted to, when I didn't mean either of those things. I realize I fucked up here. My only explanation there was that I hadn't dated anyone since high school (22 here) and got rejected by every girl I asked out in college and was desperate to have a gf, regardless of what she said. Normally, I would tell her that I was caught up in the moment and that it was wrong of me to say that. However, I tried to break it off once and she became depressed as all fuck, and talked a lot about not having a reason to go on anymore. We got back together because I wanted to make her happy and thought I could learn to be happy with her. I just don't want to be with her, though.

This girl has been through a lot of physical and sexual abuse from other boyfriends, and has tried to kill herself before. I don't want to cause her death. What should I do?
>>
It's better to break up sooner than later, and in calm control than in can't-take-it-anymore impulse. You will break up eventually, anyway.
>>
>>17345845

first and foremost, dont stick your dick in crazy. if a girl implies she is currently suicidal or depressed in any way, dont date her. you are choosing to date someone who says 'I DONT WANT TO BE HAPPY'. because 99% of the time, thats the problem. they dont want to put the effort in because they become addicted to the attention they get from being the most tragic person in the world who no one can understand. not even you. they dont want you to understand them cuz that would make them less unique.

that being said, dump her now. what are you going to do, wait til she dies of old age to stop her from killing herself?

tell her friends, family, and therapist that you are breaking up with her and are worried but want them to keep an eye on her for you.

if you can, break up with her and drop her off at a friends or family to watch her as you leave.

you are not responsible if she kills herself.
>>
>>17345845
1) She is being lied to by you with this love thing
2) You are wasting her lifetime
3) You are hurting her by playing this shit
4) She may and probably deserve better than you as well

I hope this helps ending this
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.