[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to get someone to go from acquaintance to friend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1467946053898.jpg (43 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1467946053898.jpg
43 KB, 560x560
Basically I know some guys at the gym, we spot each other and talk and shit, wanna get them to agree to do shit outside the gym, already got their info

Whats the best way to go about it?
>>
Ask them if they wanna go out for beers and bitches. Us dudes love beer and bitches.
>>
>>17345262

pretty much this. all it takes is hanging out.

if you find it too awkward to invite a group of peopel who barely know each other, throw a more general 'party' at your place and invite them to go. then in the next meeting invite just them

but to be hoenst just saying 'hey planning to go to the bar for beer and bitches this friday, any one wanna hang?'
>>
>>17345269
>>17345262
I cant get them all in one place at the same time
Is it weird to ask a single person to get food with you?

Im starting to feel like its weird to ask a single person to do anything specific and instead you need to just ask something vague like "hang out"

When I say Im at a loss here I mean it, I'm at a loss, I'm pretty much a recovering /r9k/er, and I feel like Im stuck in this weird transitory limbo state
>>
>>17345262
>>17345269
These. You're all squared away OP, do it.
>>
>>17345276

i think you have it backwards mate. with new people its harder to say 'hang out' cuz no one knows what hang out implies. if someone asks me on a date especially and i say 'what do you have in mind' and they say 'just hang out, chill' i tend to just say 'let me know when you actually have a plan'.

you dont know them well enough to have casual chemistry.y Even joss whedon hates just 'hanging out'. add a pretense and go from there.

my advice is if you want to go out say
>going to the bar this friday, anyone want to come?

even if only one goes, thats fine.

if you want to stay in
>thinking we need to do a (insert game here) night, you down?

from there it tends to go everywhere.

when i have /b/irthday parties, and i invite anons, i always have a pretense,. leads to other stuff, but it works.
>>
Beer and bitches, bro. Don't ask a dude to grab a bite with you. Then you guys are forced to focus on each other and it can be awkward. You definitely want to start in a more social and open environment.
>>
>>17345294
>>17345278
>>17345269
>>17345262
I cant get beer Im 19

>>17345290
Bars wont work

I need shit I can do on an urban college campus, that isnt weird, and doesnt require getting into a bar or club

What do?
Do I just have to wait for the semester to start before I can actually do anything?
>>
>>17345322

nah, man it jus depends on what your college offers. consider the following

>college takes four years
>you enter when you are eighteen
>colleges aer a huge source of business
>but alcohol cant be purchase til year 3 or 4
>ergo most surrounding businesses should cater to those who dont drink

consider just going the fuck outside and seeing whats around. you dont have to go to a bar, it was jsut a normie suggestion. they are in the same predicament as you (presumably) andi f ur in college this is even easier than we've thought because college dudes are all in the process of making friends and not going to bars.

just ask them to hang out at your place. get an older friend to score beer if he can but dont worry about it.

but do look around. colleges themselves have lots of events but the surrounding areas should be somethign to do. even if its just 'anyone wanna hit up shake shack this friday?' its fine.
>>
>>17345341
This one guy has seemed pretty cool so far, given me tips for lifting that I've actually used and they'ved worked, spotted me, and he says he has an apartment like right next to the gym

Again I know all of this may sound creeper tier but really I'm just trying to bust out of this basically no life state I've been in forever and I wanna make a social life

The dude is my same age if that helps
>>
>>17345341
Shit the more I think about this the more difficult it seems to come up with something that doesn't give off gay date vibes since it cant involve beer

What do guys even do that doesnt involve beer?
>>
>>17345378
>>17345384

dude, you worry too much. first and foremost, make it clear its a group thing.

>hey guys doing XX this weekend, anyone wanna join?

sincere lack of gay date.

>video games

is this really that hard? i WISH video games was a gay first date but i cannot get a guy to commit to anything even if they say they like mario kart they come in last place and just end up sucking my dick after the first round.

trust me man. group scenario (even if only one shows up, thats fine) erases the 'hitting on' factor, and just anything you like to do.

got a board game? invite them to play that. video game? that. download pokemon go and ask if anyoen wants to go hunting for rare mons. look up local things the school offers and invite them to go with you.

really anyhting other than lunch at a NICE place. but even if its just a local 'hangout' where groups go, thats fine.
>>
>>17345402
I already said it cant be a group thing because the guys I know dont know eachother

>board games
>vidya

Hell to the hell no, I'm trying to move away from that stuff ok I spent too much of my life being a shut in and Ive payed the price for it

How does asking to go to a locally well known island in the middle of a river accessible by foot bridge and typically filled with college students and locals sound?

But it would require driving and my car is shit to the point its embarrassing so maybe not
that

I mean damn there are so many little local food joints why the hell cant two guys just get food and chill, its like, add beer and "ooooh woohoo party man" but take it out and people think your trying to hit on them?

How does

"Hey you know that place we both get our hair cuts?
"You wanna hit up that italian place next door sometime?"
rate / 10
>>
>>17345434
sounds kinda gay bro
>>
>>17345434

>IT CANT BE A GROUP CUZ THEY'D HAVE TO MEET

what? why not? just say 'anyone want to go to XX?' and see who responds. it wont kill them to meet each toher.

>how doe sthe bridge sound

fun, but might be easier to convince them to after something casual.

>my car is embarassing so maybe not

you know what, just give up. dont bother. you've already decided that doing anything at all is too awkward.

if you wanna grab food with a guy go for it, just choose a casual place first. something almost fast foody.
>>
>>17345475
then give me your ideas
>>17345511
I havent given up its just I cant into social skills sometimes
Sometimes I nail it, sometimes I fail it, right now Im trying to work out how to get someone that you never see outside of the gym to agree to do shit outside of the gym

it cant involve beer
and it cant involve other people that I know
>>
>>17345542

>and it cant involve other people

it literally can. you choose not to involve other people. learn the difference.

that being said. weve (and youve) given tons of options but you shoot them down all the time. if you are worried about being judged by something as simple as your 19 year old selfs car, then dont meet people. you are too needy for people.

or, suck it up, be a man, and ask your friend on a man date.
>>
>>17345578
>oh hey guys that dont know each other
>i know all of you and you know me
>lets all go and do X together

that wouldnt work

Im just gonna ask the guy to get fucking food with me

So now I need to know what time of day is acceptable to send the text

Im guessing 1am is no good?
>>
>>17345584

>that wouldnt work

except how it literally would, it literally has, and literally will. people do this all the fucking time.

>im headed to do XX this weekend, anyone wanna come?

its college. its literally a bunch of people in a new place trying to make friends. no one thinks 'WOW CAN YOU BELIEVE ANON HAS MULTIPLE FRIENDS HE INTRODUCED TO ONE ANOTHER WHAT A FAGOT LOLOLOLOL'

stop taking yourself so seriously, no one else does. i itnroduce friends hwo have never met all the time. i get invited to meet new people all the time. its how people meet each other.

stop being a faggot.

but if you want to ask him on a man date, by all means. just shoot it any time during the day, from 8am to 9pm
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.