[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planning on growing my hair and beard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Pretty much like the pic. I wanna go full tarzan.

How will this effect my life? I assume it'll effect my odds at a job, but otherwise should I expect anything else?
>>
Sorry OP but I'm gonna borrow your thread to ask a simple question: To get a mustache like that I have to simply start shaving with a non-electric razor right? I always use an electric one because I hated facial hair and because it's faster but now I suddenly want to look like I'm from the 70s.
Thanks.
>>
>>17345244
Minoxidil bro, that's what I'm gonna do.
>>
>>17345233

Well, seeing as though you're on 4chan, I must ask.

How important is personal grooming to you? Do you shower daily? Shampoo? Conditioner? Deodorant?

I'm asking this because, this can go one of two ways.

One, you look "decent" enough.

or two, you look like a dirty fucking ape. That has long hair, and long beard because he's too lazy to go to a barber.
>>
>>17345251
Thanks but will that cause me trouble when I realize being 70's is just a phase?
>>
>>17345255
I shower daily, I shave every 3 days, etc.
Dirty fucking ape is definitely not my thing.
>>
>>17345259
It'll pretty much make you have a mustache that you'll have to shave if you don't want one, like everyone else who doesn't want one lol.
>>
>>17345270
Ah excellent. Thanks! I'll check that out.

Best of luck with your hair, OP!
>>
>>17345279
No problem, and good luck with your stache.
>>
File: What day is it.gif (998 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
What day is it.gif
998 KB, 500x250
I have long hair and a full beard, and never had any trouble getting a job.

But when I shop the security guards follow me around.
>>
>>17346186
Is it the same for police? Like has law enforcement been more "proactive" towards you?
>>
>>17345233
It obviously depends on where you live, how you groom/dress, and how you act. In my home city there are plenty of scruffy dudes walking around looking like fucking Sasquatches. But half of them are fucking software developers or whatever, and they are usually wearing expensive/clean clothes, and keeping the face pelts neatly trimmed around the edges/styled.

To some people you will always look dirty. To others you will look good (do girls still like beards? I'm old and married...). But some of that is up to you.
>>
If you dress nice, aren't scary and have charisma you'll be absolutely fine.

Especially because it's very trendy for women to like this kind of man right now for some reason. It gives me a good chuckle.

You'll do fine. Do what you want and ignore people (especially girls) who can't handle the way you choose to carry yourself.
>>
>>17346626
I've never gotten pulled over or hassled by the police, just followed around by bored store security guards.
>>
Thanks for all the responses, I look forward to being a mountain man. Lol.
>>
If you look like a hippie, expect to be treated like a hippie
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.