[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 23 too late to have a normal college experience? I mean I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: faster-pussycat-3.jpg (252 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
faster-pussycat-3.jpg
252 KB, 1920x1080
Is 23 too late to have a normal college experience? I mean I'm starting my degree at the age most people are finishing it
Won't others see me as some sort of fuck up or a weird aunty or something
>>
>>17344758
Why does it matter how others see you?
>>
>>17344763
Because I have to live with these people
>>
>>17344765
Just do whatever the fuck you wanna do. Its your life, if you wanna get the degree then do it. It's never too late.

If you feel like a fuck up, then others will see you as a fuckup.
>>
>>17344777
Eh then that settles it I'm a fuck up
Goddamn it
>>
>>17344777
Trips of truth
People can't blame you for trying to get educated to try to go up in the social ladder or they are retarded
A friends of mine who is 22 is in the same class as a guys who is 32 and has children they get along well
>>
>>17344758

Listen dude, don't worry about it. Whatever people think is what they think. What is most important is what you think. I mean what is the "normal" college experience? doing keg stands and having hook ups? If you're not already doing that, or if you haven't already done that, then chances are first of all you won't find it in college unless you try very very very hard, second of all college really isn't like that and you should stop basing your concept of normalcy in American movies, and third of all shouldn't your studies be your main priority?

But I am being presumptuous. You can do whatever you want in life. fuck what people think of you. But to give you the hard answer you're looking for, it really just depends on how you present yourself. I'm 25 and nobody looks at me weird or thinks of me as some old man in class. I've made friends with people ages 17 to 30.

But my desire isn't to go to frat parties and sleep with sorority girls. I think all that kind of shit is stupid, and let me give you an example of what college is really like. In my constitutional law class the professor asked the students to raise their hands. He asked all the students who are in fraternities or sororities to keep their hands raised. Out of something like 80 - 110 students in that class, only 3 had their hands raised. He asked a couple other questions but thats not the point.

Life, and college, is what you make it. Stop worrying about your age. You don't walk around with a tag on your chest saying "i'm 23" blah blah blah.
>>
>>17344788

I wanted to post this picture, but I forgot.
>>
No one there is going to give a shit. Lots of people older than you go to college.
>>
Okay so maybe, MAYBE no one will outright bully me
But will it be alright making friends and working together and shit? I imagine people will be weary
>>
>>17344829

Not at all. only if you make it awkward. nobody cares about your age once you're 18.
>>
>>17344758
Nah i know a far few people who started in their 20s they still had a pretty decent time
>>
Trust me man, nobody gives a fuck. As long as you're not some sperg retard with a fucking neckbeard and body odor, you'll be treated equally and normally by everyone there. Just don't go around mentioning your age like it means anything.
>>
I went back to education at 22. Surrounded by 16 year olds.

As long as you don't act liket an old person and get on with them, there's no problem. They all recognised I was more mature but still liked to have fun.

Got on well. Enjoyed it.
Only warning I'd have is don't get too caught up in their drama. Ain't got time for that.

Uni, when most kids were 18/19 was even easier even though I was 24.
>>
Plenty of older people at my uni, even middle aged people, you will have no more problem fitting in than around people your own age
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.