[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>21 >friendless >NEET >depressed >haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 1426708184212.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1426708184212.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>21
>friendless
>NEET
>depressed
>haven't left my house in 5 months
>haven't been in a social situation in 4 years
>lost the ability to hold a spaghetti-less conversation

I want to get myself back out in the real world, but I've become so socially inept the idea itself terrifies me. I'm trying to work on my conversation skills at home, and in doing so I've realized something awful about my mother (who also rarely leaves the house).

>mom has become self-absorbed
>only talks about herself
>rejects all my attempts to steer the conversation towards a topic we can both participate in, shining the spotlight back on herself
>her stories rarely include anyone else, it's always focused on something great she was doing and how she felt about it
>retells the same stories on a daily basis
>can't get a word in, talks over me
>talks continuously for hours
>guilt trips me if I try to leave the conversation/room
>it's not just conversations, day-to-day life revolves around my mom
>walking on eggshells trying to not inadvertently offend her
>starts arguments over the most ridiculous minute things
>always yelling at my dad and I
>dad is pussywhipped
>spends his money on frivolous things
>berates and belittles him in front of me
>drinks herself to sleep every night

This isn't the mom I grew up with. I want to help her, honest to god. But I don't know where to start. Furthermore, I also want to help myself and I know this has become a toxic environment. I'm an introvert, but I can never be alone. I take hour long showers just to have some peace and quiet, but end up feeling guilty because of how much fucking water I'm wasting.

What do, /adv/.
>>
File: 7ITG54S.jpg (30 KB, 543x508) Image search: [Google]
7ITG54S.jpg
30 KB, 543x508
shameless self-bump
>>
Stop trying to blame your mom for your shit.
>>
>>17344636
u wot

I'm not blaming her for anything. I want to help her recover to her former self, as well as work on improving myself.
>>
One of the easiest ways is to find an online buddy to help you get back in the swing of things socially-speaking. What are you into? Do you like a certain type of music, do you play vidya, etc?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.