[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make friends as a 25+ adult who's graduated college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: saddest anime death.png (215 KB, 469x364) Image search: [Google]
saddest anime death.png
215 KB, 469x364
How do you make friends as a 25+ adult who's graduated college and so on?

I basically lost all my friends from high school, progressively have less and less in common with everyone I used to be friends with.

I'm just very lonely and tired of spending every single weekend by myself watching movies and playing video games. I can't remember the last time I just walked outside with someone else.

I'm not even that interested in finding a girlfriend (although it's been a while since I had one of those too), just to start having friends and feeling human would be nice.
>>
File: it's over vlr.png (495 KB, 652x596) Image search: [Google]
it's over vlr.png
495 KB, 652x596
bump
>>
Go to events relative to your interests, eat and read out of the house and look out for random stuff going on locally?

DESU I am in the same boat even though I live close to so called friends who never bother keeping in touch or inviting me to their stuff.

Just enjoy time out being around people and getting out of the stuffy house. I have no fixing answer as I have tried for years but have found enjoyment going to craft events and browsing regular shops I know the staff of even though no one ever calls on me.

It helps
>>
>>17344473
I live in Toronto so there's definitely a lot of stuff in the city. I used to just get invited out to drink or whatever with my bros but lately that shit never seems to happen.

I feel like I need to cultivate some kind of personality. I'm not a big foodie or whatever but I'd like to maybe take up some kind of sport.

basically part of my problem is i'm a /pol/tard and though I'm not racist people tend to find the obsession with world history and politics offputting.
>>
>>17344479

I work at a dentists and you wouldn't believe how many check ups end up in political debates that cause late appointments!

Just do stuff you like to do, on your own or otherwise. Just don't lock yourself in at home. I honestly feel every day is a gif so at least get out of the house for a walk for an hour to get a bit of atmosphere and have a chance of meeting new people
>>
File: sad nintendo.png (924 KB, 1422x1080) Image search: [Google]
sad nintendo.png
924 KB, 1422x1080
bump
>>
File: 6AM, my bedroom every morning.gif (366 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
6AM, my bedroom every morning.gif
366 KB, 500x375
>>17344576
I try to do this too.

Honestly I have a lot of problems in life. I have almost no connection with my family, most of them have disowned me. I got kicked out when I was 20. Basically I've always had a hard time forming relationships with people, and maintaining them. On top of this nowadays I am very poor, I have a hard time finding consistent employment, I lost my driver's license due to expiry, don't own a vehicle.

basically I'm very poor and lonely and barely scraping by. video games and Trump speeches are the only thing that make me smile anymore.
>>
I'm 27 and have rebuilt myself socially two ways.

First was through a social hobby. I took up muay thai and bjj. They often host get together at local bars to watch the fights. That's how I rebuilt my first time.

2nd time was through a girl a met online. Simple process, become bf/gf and she then introduces you to her group of friends. You're already "pre-approved" so her friends will kind of go out their way to connect with you.

So yea, the "get friends before gf" thing can definitely be challenged. Usually pretty easy if you're good looking.
>>
>>17344635
I don't think to be honest I'm a very good looking guy. I've spent a fair amount of time on tinder and other dating apps, the fairest assessment is I'm just not that attractive.

Thanks for the success story though.
>>
>>17344652
Do you play video games? Find an arcade. There are a few left in most cities.

If you like movies, find a film club or take a community college course. Meetup.com has groups dedicated to such activities.
>>
File: trying ur best.jpg (71 KB, 750x724) Image search: [Google]
trying ur best.jpg
71 KB, 750x724
>>17344662
I like these suggestions, but I think I'm more interested in something athletic. I don't lift enough as it is (158lbs, 5'8"). I've had a history of knee problems and multiple surgeries which always stopped me from getting anywhere in athletics in high school.

I do like video games, I wouldn't mind meeting someone into Overwatch. I no longer really like anime but hell I'd settle for one of those anime girls I guess.

I'm pretty much realized what league I'm in and tried to lower my standards accordingly, but I don't really want to date overweight girls either. I've done that before and frankly the sex isn't very enjoyable. I'm of a race most people find reprehensible and/or unattractive and have realized I'm fine settling with someone of my race (since men and women alike face discrimination).

I've considered joining the Conservative Party of Canada just because I honestly just find I have nothing in common with people my age. People are interested in history or politics, people just care about new music, new movies and new games or shows. For me what makes me energized in the morning is just the thought of reading the news, watching recent interviews, speeches etc.

I've dated older women in the past and strangely found them more relatable than young women. The sexual experience isn't bad either.
>>
>>17344689
*aren't interested in history or politics
>>
>>17344689
>People are interested in history or politics
Expand your horizons? Meet people with similar interests? You using sweeping generalizations like this makes it pretty evident that you haven't actually met and talked to that many different people.
>>
>>17344652
>I've spent a fair amount of time on tinder and other dating apps

How about you quit using these for starters and actually go out and talk to people
>>
>>17344420
Having hobbies and meeting people through them is a big bonus, meetup.com is an easy way to find events and stuff to do if you live near a large city
>>
>>17344689
>something athletic
rock climbing
>>
>>17345913
A tip: If you do meetup don't simply go to the pure "social" meets where you're just supposed to sit and chat. it's really awkward, forced and most of the people there are desperate autists. The worst ones are the young adult ones because why else would a 20 year old need to go to a online social meetup? The 40+ ones are alright though because it's normal to lose friends at that age however you obviously won't fit in because age gap so I'd say avoid socials completely and look for sport and hobby groups.

t. A guy who tried to make friends on meetup and failed miserably
>>
>>17344420
Look for a job and make friends there.

Go out for drinks regularly on a friday after work.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.