[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rent, Yes/No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: RemainOnSuicide.jpg (108 KB, 638x800) Image search: [Google]
RemainOnSuicide.jpg
108 KB, 638x800
Hey /adv/,

I'm 19 and I live in the UK, my parents are both on Benefits for disability and therefore do not have to pay any rent, only domestic bills.

Recently they have been pressing on the matter of me paying rent and bills, the latter of which I am eager to begin paying, however, I am reluctant to pay rent. I am aware that legally they have no obligation to keep me in the house, but is there any way I can get around paying rent? Are welfare recipients legally ALLOWED to receive rent payments? I doubt my father would declare the extra income, which I am sure is illegal... I would google, but all that pops up is forums of benefit recipients asking how their rent will be affected.

Thanks
>>
>>17344244
as far as i know, they can't. If they have a source of income (your rent) they need to declare it and it goes down for their bennies. If they don't declare it they're just pressuring you for free gibsmedat.
>>
You know that if you refuse to pay, they're likely to just kick you out, right?
>>
>>17344254
So they could ask me for rent, but that would mean their benefit would be reduced? So I'd essentially be throwing money away kek

>>17344256
> I am aware that legally they have no obligation to keep me in the house, but is there any way I can get around paying rent?
I do know, I'm asking if there is a way to get around that.
>>
>>17344263
>I'm asking if there is a way to get around that.
What, to make them make you stay if you refuse to pay rent? Because the answer is no. If you pull the "it's illegal" card, then they're going to kick you out.
>>
>>17344285
Not if I write up a legally binding tenancy agreement and manage to get a signature.

I need to know the legality of rent and benefits, which I can't seem to find anywhere.

He's too spineless to kick me out.
>>
>>17344296
They're not going to sign it, and if you manipulate them into a signature, it's not a valid contract and it'll be void or voidable.
>>
>>17344244
> is there any way I can get around paying rent?

We have to take back control.
>>
>>17344388
If he tries to evict me I'll be forced to blackmail him, so eviction is off the table, I am simply trying to reach a fair agreement anon
>>17344419
Agreed...
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.