[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the nicest way to ask my girlfriend to bike faster?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 1468104442049.jpg (79 KB, 340x372) Image search: [Google]
1468104442049.jpg
79 KB, 340x372
What's the nicest way to ask my girlfriend to bike faster? We live in a collegetown, and the best way to get places is via bike. It also puts us within reasonable time of travel to some nice parks and stuff. The only issue is that she is dreadfully slow when biking. I don't expect her to go 15mph with ease like me, but to go at least 8mph would be nice. It really puts a damper on how much I want to go out, since I know that if I go alone, I'll be there in 30 minutes, but with her it'll be an hour.

The thing is, she's really touchy on being called slow, despite being slow in basically everything, like work and schoolwork. Not just to me, either. I want to get her to bike a little faster so we can enjoy a park for longer, instead of spending the limited time we have in transit.
>>
sorry bud, no other way but to just tell her that shes slow.

why is she slow at everything though?
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 602x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 602x400
Just ride at your speed. Over time she'll learn to keep up
>>
>>17343972
Different things. With work and school, she's both insecure and a perfectionist. Her boss says she finishes far less than her coworkers, but makes the fewest, if any, mistakes. School work is the same, she overachieves to the point where professors, in an effort to make her do less, write no comments on her work.

With biking, I have no idea. I've broached the subject once, and she says she doesn't see the point in riding quickly. I tell her it's to get to the park, instead of riding through flat cornfields (yay Midwest) and she tells me to get over it.

>>17343973
I've tried that, but either I get worried that she'll be hit by a car or something actually grievous and I'll be unaware, or I shake that feeling and she gets bitchy at me, and refuses to bike for a week after.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.