[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get a "life" ? is that just something that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1467749330392.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467749330392.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
How do I get a "life" ? is that just something that comes naturally to most people but not to me? all my efforts always become trivial in the end and end up with me playing a game or sth
>>
If you're happy playing game and sth then that is your life and continue being happy. Normally people say "get a life" to people who're doing things that arent productive to the individual's happiness. Such as living in your mums basement, mooching off other people or providing no benefit to society.

If you don't provide benefit to society but live in one, then you should "get a life" and provide something, i.e. working to pay taxes.
>>
We're constantly bombarded with images of people surrounded by huge groups of friends
But that's not true. It's used to try and sell us something. The vast majority of people have very few or even no friends outside of family. Having an exciting social life is something that comes naturally to very few people
>>
I don't think getting a "life" is something you just do, because I believe it can be interpreted different ways. From my point of view, getting a "life" means having priorities in check. If you miss out on important or beneficial things because you're playing a game you should probably fix that.
Don't get me wrong, I play alot of games. Just giving you something to think about, if that's the case.
>>
>>17343551
>How do I get a "life"
What do you want out of life? I work at an IT company, I come home, make dinner, play Skyrim or Overwatch or other shitty gams and go to bed. I have a job and my own place, to me that is "having a life". I play tons of vidya and don't really have any friends but I'm still a productive member of society. It's all about what you want out of life. But it has to be what YOU want, not what others want or what you think others want. Having a life means doing things that make YOU happy.
>>
>>17343581
beautiful said anon, bravo
>>
>>17343559
I agree with this. I'm a reasonably attractive person, so I've been close to a lot of girls who people here call "Staceys". Generally speaking, most girls who give the appearance of being really popular and have a lot of friends don't actually have a lot of friends. They just talk to people they don't like out of boredom.

It's pretty obvious that they don't like each other by the sheer amount of shit they talk about one another. They like to call each other sluts, stupid, trashy, etc.

Guys usually just stick with one or two groups of people that they're close with.
>>
>>17343551
>the biased perspectives in this thread
what kind of response do you expect to get here?

are you asking this because you're lazy or are you asking it because you legitimately don't know where to start?
>>
File: Tomorrowland2016V1.jpg (83 KB, 520x330) Image search: [Google]
Tomorrowland2016V1.jpg
83 KB, 520x330
>>17343581
my father is IT company guy too and to be honest i fucking hate his lifestyle all he does is work and has very non-romantic marriage with another smart person but doesnt really have that much friends or anything just a wide family and work pals. I dont want that from life because it´s lonely and sitting a lot is gonna make you fat after 30´s

So what i did is i ditched my nerd friends and got guys who sell weed and go to nightclubs & music gigs instead coz it felt like living. pic related is my dream and partying in Tokyo with friends while poppin chink puss is another one
but hey we all are gonna die right? just have fun
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.