[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to move out with the salary of a minimum wage job?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 08628.jpg (13 KB, 357x316) Image search: [Google]
08628.jpg
13 KB, 357x316
Is it possible to move out with the salary of a minimum wage job?
>>
>>17342869
And this is how the 15/hr compaign started. People making dumb decisions and wanting others to fix it for them.

Of course it's fucking not enough, what happens when there are bad days? You're never gonna make enough money for when bad situations come up.
>>
>>17342869
I doubt it, but then I live in London. Even the shitty estates are expensive to live in.
>>
>>17342879
Then how do people with minimum wage jobs manage to move out?
>>
>>17342869
Depends on where you live.
In general, housing should be 30% of your income.
Here housing is cheap as fuck, I pay 140€ of rent for a room and with a part time job (700€) I can afford everything.
>>
>>17342881
First you need to save a shit ton of money. Personally, I didn't move out until I had $5,000 cash. Had my own car, and blessing of parents who can help a bit with small food, ect.
>>
Figure out the monthly cost and consider whether you can afford it. Find out how much you'll need for rent, groceries, transportation and fun stuff.

I also wouldnt recommend moving out just yet if you're largely unsure of your job's stability. I'd also recommend having a few months worth of living fees saved up, in case shit hits the fan and you need something to live off of while out of work.
>>
What about a shared place? In Italy we do that all the time for students and early workers, an apartment with 2 bedrooms for 400€/month is 200€ each, bigger apartments can hold even 5 or 6 people and prices can go down easily to 150€ for a bedroom or 120€ for a double (2 beds in one room) in the very center of a medium city. Of course it will be quite higher in a big city like Milan or Rome but still affordable.
If you've something you know in your situation it's better
>>
>>17342915
Someone*
>>
>>17342869
Yes, but you have to live with roommates to share living costs. Source: me.
>>
>>17342869
You can move out into a box, or under a bridge.
Unless you work two jobs, or hustle alot.
>>
After tax my wage is £1085 my outgoings such as rent, electricity, internet, food etc Totals roughly £800 so that leaves me around £285 to fuck about with.

It can be done gentlemen.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.