[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone that's a chef/cooks here? advice pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1420854186933.png (64 KB, 290x245) Image search: [Google]
1420854186933.png
64 KB, 290x245
This is my 2nd time being fired because the manager said I was being slow. I worked at a restaurant as a line cook for just 2 weeks. How the hell do I work faster? It's bad enough I had to memorize everything .

Plus, since Im fired I don't know where else to get the skills and experience I need. I have to get a job at least in 2 weeks or I have to drop out of school.
>>
I don't know. You're screwed.
>>
>>17342815
Very insightful post, Anon
>>
File: 1461650384634.jpg (24 KB, 521x397) Image search: [Google]
1461650384634.jpg
24 KB, 521x397
>>17342780
You can always give blowjobs... or offer your dick to fags so they can pay you to give you a bj. Win/win?

But seriously who the hell fires someone in just 2 weeks? Where did you get fired from? Golden arches?
>>
>>17342847
>You can always give blowjobs... or offer your dick to fags so they can pay you to give you a bj. Win/win?
Im really not in a mood for trolling right now >>>/lgbt/

>But seriously who the hell fires someone in just 2 weeks? Where did you get fired from? Golden arches?
I worked at a steakhouse
>>
>>17342780
It just means you don't have enough experience to get on par with these positions. Line cook proves too much for you to be fired twice already. Go do food prep or some other position in a restaurant and learn the culture before you try for line cook again. Maybe dishwasher so you can see the pressure.
>>
I worked fast food at first and found I was too slow as well. Fortunately there are a lot of jobs you can do well in at an average pace, I would suggest looking for work outside of the restaurant business if you cant fix your speed issue.

In term of finances; how much do you need? Is it a lump sum or are you in need of a monthly income?
>>
>>17342861
I did had job experience as a line cook. Last year I worked at pizza pizza Im studying culinary. But I still had co-workers assistance with the food and handling. But my recent job wanted to do things on my own.

>>17342865

>how much do you need? Is it a lump sum or are you in need of a monthly income?

I spend $30 every 10 days to pay for my bus transporation. I also pay 2 monthly bills. Food unfortunaly is a killer too
>>
>>17342893
Pizza anything is not real line cook. If you think that, then you have very low understanding of real hard work. This is coming from a guy with 5yrs exp at pizza joints.
>>
>>17342904
I know pizza place isn't like making and serving legit food in a resturant, but it still deals with using utencils, speed and organizing. It was in an amusement park too, so we were all making over 100 a day
>>
>>17342921
100/day? Son, we make over 300 on a slow day.

Maybe you really have no comprehension of real work.
>>
>>17342938
I can't even remember hoew much we make.
But the pizza place I worked at made the most pizzas compared to every pizza place in Canada. Why are trying to compeite ?
>>
You should basicall never be very comfortable when you're cooking and it's busy, at least early on. Constantly be looking for ways to be getting multiple items cooked at the same time in a single order, then start looking at your next tickets, etc. The more you can get done at one time the better. And you shouldn't be relaxed. You should come off of every shift basically exhausted because you pushed yourself to work faster. If you don't have food to drop, be cleaning. Actual cooking as opposed to working at a fast food place, is not supposed to be easy.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.