[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a problem where at work, I worry about customer issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 11984559914_be77fb9031_o_0.png (20 KB, 840x282) Image search: [Google]
11984559914_be77fb9031_o_0.png
20 KB, 840x282
I have a problem where at work, I worry about customer issues too much. I take them on as my own. As an example, a woman is vacationing and was accidentally charged $200 by the person working the previous shift. I refunded and explained this to her and she was polite enough, but she was upset because she's on vacation and it's a lot of money. It won't show up in her bank account for several days at most.

It's sorted out but I'm still bothered and have anxiety. I genuinely don't know if I care about her vacation, or if it just triggers general anxiety because I feel I did something wrong. I do have an anxiety disorder and I take medication, but I don't get this worried about other shit. How can I distance myself? I need to appear warm but not actually be bothered internally at work. Especially since I'm hoping to get into the world of business once I finish school.
>>
Customers made me nervous for maybe the first month I worked.
It goes away. Now I hope they fucking choke on their waffle fries. Fucking fat pigs. Oink Oink!
>>
>>17342117
Not for me. Been working in customer service for two years now. First a typical shitty fast food job and now at a hotel.
>>
>>17342022
Many companies would have a policy of offering her an apology payment when they screw up. Telling her that when the money goes into her account there will be an extra $40 for her inconvenience will make her happy and you less sad. Or arrange for some immediate credit at her hotel.

This isn't YOUR job, and doesn't come from your pocket. But ask your boss if it is company policy and how to offer it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.