[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I learn to be more considerate to others? All of my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: sad-frog-meme-butt.jpg (23 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
sad-frog-meme-butt.jpg
23 KB, 450x500
How can I learn to be more considerate to others?

All of my friends and social circles have been distancing themselves from me from the past few years. I can honestly say I only have 1 or 2 close friends left outside of family.

A few days ago a friend and I were drinking, and I ended up talking shit to him while playing some video games. Wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, just normal banter I thought. I knew he was going through some personal problems, so I guess it struck a nerve with him and he got up and left. Later he told me that I was being an asshole, even though I didn't mean anything personal by it. I've probably done this to a lot of friends before without realizing it.

Another case was about a month ago. A girl I was into had just gotten out of a relationship, and about a week later I asked her on a date. She said no, and later told mutual friends that she thought it was fucked up that I would ask her out right after a breakup because she was vulnerable or something.

At my job, a lot of my coworkers actively avoid me and think I'm rude. I always try to be courteous at work, but I don't really try to develop personal relationships with coworkers.

What can I do? It's hard for me to feel empathy for others, and I think for that reason, I'll probably end up dying alone or something
>>
yeah i dont get this

people think I'm a dick for reasons unknown to me
>>
>>17340842
just dont think you are better than them, just become a leech
>>
>>17340893
>just dont think you are better than them
I think this might be part of the problem. I sort of have a superiority complex. I look down on people a lot.

>just become a leech

What do you mean by this?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.