[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
25 year old loser
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1467641256888.jpg (159 KB, 960x925) Image search: [Google]
1467641256888.jpg
159 KB, 960x925
Alright I thought I'd never have to post on here but I'm getting desperate for advice since nobody in my family is willing to help me.

I've been unemployed for 7 months now and have been trying really hard to get any kind of work but having no luck here (live in a white trash town in north Florida and miserable). I don't have a car and only have a GED with some work experience but every decent job around here wants you to have a 4 year degree so am I just fucked? I've been thinking about going to trade school while working a shitty fast food job while paying for rent and I'm still looking for a roommate but no luck. I can't move in with any family members or join the military at this point so what would be the best option for me? I really want to get out of this town again mostly because no opportunities here and it just stinks of my past and I feel trapped.
>>
>>17340781
Forgot to mention I had some money saved up and been using it to pay rent but now I'm running super low and won't last for another 2 months.
>>
There are tons of posts like this on 4chan. The only real option, aside from accepting where you currently stand, is to take major risks. I sold all my shit and moved to a city I'd never been to for college and sold my car. Then I got a job in another city I've never been to where there are opportunities. If it was easy, there wouldn't be so many people like you wondering what to do. You either take the leap or be like the majority of people out there who wish they could have a new life but don't do anything about it.
>>
>>17340781
Get any full time shitty fast food/cleaner job and go to trade school. Or get the full time job save like fuck and then move to a new city and work a fast food job for rent then find a new job. That's your only choices really.
>>
Have you thought about working offshore on a rig? It's manual labor and shit but you can make yourself some decent money and it has a lot of upward mobility. If you eventually decide to go back to school for something like engineering you can leverage your previous experience on a rig for a job at an oil company.
>>
>>17340821
I was thinking about saving up for a car and soon as I get a new one just sell all my shit like my PC and just drive to the west coast. It's probably a dumb idea but I'm desperate to get out of this town.
>>17340846
Never thought about that but I was thinking about going to trade school to become an electrician at this point since it's decent money for fuckups like me.
>>
>>17340846
Oil's in the shitter and has been for a year and a half. No one is hiring.
>>
File: 1430253156089.jpg (95 KB, 1083x589) Image search: [Google]
1430253156089.jpg
95 KB, 1083x589
>>17340864
>I'm desperate to get out of this town
Then it is not a dumb idea.
pic unrelated
>>
>>17340828
Most fast-food places don't offer full-time work because that means paying benefits and there are concerns about overtime.

Rent costs too much in big cities to survive on a fast food job, side from the managers and general managers.
>>
>>17340946
Are the subtitles even part of that film?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.