[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Easy question guys: Next Wednesday I have an annual exam at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 581x542
Easy question guys:

Next Wednesday I have an annual exam at the OB/GYN. It's nothing I haven't experienced before, but what I REALLY wanted to do was talk to the nurse about birth control, now that I've gotten sexually active.

How do I make sure this opportunity doesn't slip out of my hands? Do I tell her first thing "I need to talk to you about something at the end of the exam" or do I wait till the exam is over and tell her I'd like to talk?

See, the receptionist noticed I was due for an annual exam so she just scheduled me so we could accomplish 2 things in one day. I had initially only wanted to talk about birth control only.

Also, what if the nurse talks me out of the method I want? I have my heart set on it
>>
>>17339656
When the nurse or medical assistant takes your vitals, before you see the doc, just tell them you want to discuss birth control options. If your doc is running a tight ship, he or she will as you. (Sometimes they make you fill out a form, which asks if you have anything you want to discuss)
When you see the doc, just make sure to ask before they leave. Itsnot hard, they won't make you feel weird,or judge you. If you're an adult you have to lean to advocate for yourself. Pursue your self interests!! The doctor is MAKING MONEY off you being there. Make them earn it!!!!
>>
>>17339670
ILL TRY MY BEST, THANK YOU
>>
>>17339656
There is a good chance they'll bring it up themselves.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.