[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i recently found out my girlfriend was raped at age 6. i guess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: download (7).jpg (6 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
6 KB, 299x168
i recently found out my girlfriend was raped at age 6. i guess the memories are coming back to her and eating away at her. is there any way i can make her feel better or support her?
pic not related
>>
OP here, forgot to mentioned it happened all the time when she was six and one more time when she was 12. it was her cousin that she had to face anytime she visits family.
>>
Damaged af

I would bail if I were you
>>
>>17339574
i love her too much to do that
>>
>>17339577
Good luck, enjoy the ride
>>
Its above your paygrade, and I'm not saying that to try to knock you down a peg. She needs professional help, the most you can realistically do is hear her out when she's upset.
>>
>>17339570
oh anon, that's horrible. i'm sorry. the best you can do is support her, have lots of patience and loving her like this post prove you do.
I wish you luck
>>
>>17339570
I really don't have too much advices for you, but I can relate, since my girlfriend was constantly aggressed (like once a week or so) by her cousin from being 9 yo to 14. And she has to face him almost everyday. She got used to this, but when occasions (like Christmas) get close, she gets more and more nightmares.
My best advice would be that you should be here for her if she needs to, like if she wants to vent then hear her out, if she just want to cuddle, then do it. If she has recurrent nightmares, then try to sleep beside her and comfort her, even if it seems that it's useless, it's not, if she's comfortable enough with you, it's better then being alone.
Good luck dude.
>>
>>17339652
You can always delete the post after a certain amount of time
>>
>>17339664
Thanks, had never needed to before.
>>
>>17339570
From my own experience: abused girls don't make good partners, and in the future will not make good mums either. If I were you, I would try to slowly get detached from her, distance myself and then let her go. There are some things that cannot be fixed by love. You can't do much to support her, or even help her; she could try finding professional help but that too doesn't always work. What you need to understand is that in most cases such experiences scar these girls very deeply and usually their whole lives are overshadowed by the rape or abuse, leaving them mentally unstable. My ex who was raped since she was 5 till she was 8 was at first the sweetest girl, very bright and bubbly but eventually, like in your gf's case, the memories came back and she was wrecked by them, pushing me away, getting paranoid, depressed, aggressive, then she started drinking and accusing me of everything she could think of. When I tried to call her out, she would use 'you don't know how it is to be raped as a child so shut up' card to everything. Her shrink couldn't help, we tried couple therapy and it didn't help, I took her to Spain for a month, trying to give her something else to think about. She cheated on me there with at least three random guys. I didn't want to trigger her so I pretended it doesn't bother me very much, so she slit her wrists because obviously me being delicate and understanding meant I don't love her anymore. After 2 years with her I gotta see my own shrink. I don't think it's worth it Op, even if you love her.
>>
>>17339713
Are you kidding? I lost my virginity to a girl who was raped by her grandfather and made pregnant by a 19 year old who started fucking her when she was 13. She would fuck every which way. Fucking amazing. I still think about it desu baka senpai
>>
>>17339570

Dump her. You deserve better than a used up slut.
>>
>>17339720
What?
>>
File: cnn.jpg (9 KB, 350x268) Image search: [Google]
cnn.jpg
9 KB, 350x268
>>17339732
I SAID ABUSED GIRLS MAKE GREAT PARTNERS YOU ACTUAL HOMOSEXUAL
>>
>>17339713
Looks like a hard case of BPD, it's not unusual for abused girls to get that.
>>
>talk to girl from 4chan (19y/o)
>her dad used to "check her hymen" a few times a week to "make sure it was still intact" when she was 8-11
>weirded out but whatever, least she wasnt raped
>says he sometimes comes into the bathroom when she's showering

after a year of talking

>tells me her dad got her drunk one night after work
>paid her to strip for him
>let her dad finger her to climax

I pretty much stopped talking to her after that.
>>
>>17339570
this does serious damage and needs someone that knows their shit (professional) or has experienced the same trauma and has successfully worked through it

Unless you are either of those you are pissing in the wind. What happens is she will transfer to you the role of abuser. She won't know why nor will you but it happens
>>
>>17339570
Get off 4chan and talk to her.
>>
If she wants to be left alone, leave her alone. If she wants company, stay with her but try not to talk too much. If she's lying down, hold her.
>>
>>17339751
You're retarded
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.