[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have new flatmates. They have both gone in to their rooms and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: cry.gif (280 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
cry.gif
280 KB, 450x338
I have new flatmates. They have both gone in to their rooms and closed their doors, one has her family members in there helping her set up. I want to be friends with them. Help?
I am scared to knock on their doors, it seems awkward. We met briefly for 5 minutes but that is it. My mom says I should go invite them to get dinner with me but it's awkward.
>>
>>17339133
Relax and wait until you guys are hanging out in the common room. Go in the common room and watch TV and they will hang out in time
>>
Known fact if you enter a room pretending to own it people will trust you. When you sit down, spread yourself out being Alfa male/female. Try smiling in ur mirror before leaving the room (tricks u into being in good mood) offer to share sum food. Eat in front of them like u dgaf...ect. Just don't stay closed in too much and don't always stay inside the house, pretend u have a life outside ur room.
>>
>>17339153
>>17339154
thanks.
One has left, the other is still locked in there with her family. It's so awkward. Hate meeting people.
>>
I'm all alone now.
Any other tips for making a good first impression on new flatmates?
>>
>>17339191
Ask about them, let them talk. People like to talk about themselves. Be interested in what they say, and get to know them and their interests. Ask a few questions when they tell you about something, that will keep the conversation going
>>
Has anyone shared a flat with only girls? Was it good or bad?
>>
>>17339622
I have and it was god-awful.

Then again they were full-blown Stacies and I'm a 4chan browsing loser
>>
>>17339631
Why though? Share some stories
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.