[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your motivation? What motivates you to do anything that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 920x920[1].jpg (45 KB, 920x734) Image search: [Google]
920x920[1].jpg
45 KB, 920x734
What is your motivation? What motivates you to do anything that you do?

I don't really have a good reasoning for doing anything other than the basic things to live. If someone had to ask you, what would you say? Providing for a family or doing well in your religion is the answer I've gotten a lot.

I take it a tad deeper with myself sometimes. I was overweight as a child and teen. Lost 70 pounds to prove to myself I wasn't stuck that way. Changed my wardrobe, hair, attitude, and me as a whole. I loved the attention people gave as they saw me change. Why did I really do any of that? Why do I want to fall in love so bad? Because I never have? Or has society molded me to think it's important.

I just feel like a pet in a tank sometimes. Let's discuss my friends.
>>
I'm sorry I just have too much to say..

Deep down I truly believe life is pointless. When the sun swallows the Earth all recorded history is void. I feel like people use religion and denial as a crutch when it comes to these sort of realizations. Point being; is any of the temporary answers we try to shove into our minds worth it? I'm not saying I'd kill myself (or advise anyone to ever take that route) but what does that really change? It's a sudden heart break to those programmed to care about you and maybe some others. They'll get over the pain eventually. They'll use spiritual/religious ideals to cope and feel like you are still there. Then they'll eventually die and so on and so forth.

It's just interesting in itself enough to have these thoughts in my head. Here I am wondering the answers to these questions yet if I follow my contrariety's logic I shouldn't even bother. What an enigma life is.
>>
When feelings flutter inside of me about women I slowly remove all of these stigma's about life and begin to live. Is that in itself a part of the meaning? Ignorance is bliss. I could live my life pretending to never have stumbled upon these thoughts. I could live the rest of my life like a worker ant. I could go off the walls and start a movement. I could keep on like this.

Back to feelings and love:
The last time I had a little thang thang with a women it was short and BITTERsweet..I'm one of those people with the "good things come to those who wait" mindset. A women I never met who apparently shared my place of employment had contacted me on social media. Everything was surreal. Same social media, same sport teams, same ideals. She made all the moves. She talked about the future. I was just a long for the ride. My point is that in the brief time we were talking I felt the least like myself of all. The feelings she made me feel were involuntarily more important than my character or what I could ever believe about life or the answers to it all. It all comes full circle to the quote. The quote I can never stop muttering under my breath. Fuck I'll probably end up getting a tattoo themed around it or something.

"Ignorance is bliss"
>>
I didn't read any of that shit. Except the first four words.

My motivation is music
>>
>>17339130
Making it? Listening to it? It gives you enough motivation to live every day? Explain it on the deepest level you can to me
>>
The only thing that motivates me to go on, is my curiosity on what the future will look like. I find it sad that I can't find any other motivations.
>>
>>17339148
So the thought that it's impossible to predict what will happen in the future or how things turn out drives you to explore it?
>>
Yeah musicv cool. Honestly just keep making urself more and more attractive. Life will get easier and you'll feel good about urself
>>
You need discipline, not morivation.
>>
>>17339152
It's all about what could happen, the possibilities make me want to go further.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.