[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gf and "depression"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: de.png (70 KB, 275x224) Image search: [Google]
de.png
70 KB, 275x224
I've been feeling depressed for some long time, never opened to someone about it.
Told my girlfriend today, first time I talk about it with someone and all she said was

>You don't really have reasons to feel like that
>You're like me, it's just that i'm way more stronger than you

And I don't know why I'm feeling way worse now. I'm going with a psychologist tomorrow to fix this shit, I don't like to feel this way at all. But I feel that I should take some distance from my gf. Tips?
>>
>>17338839
>You're like me, it's just that i'm way more stronger than you
Holy shite, rekt mate.
>>
damn that's cold.

do you have someone else you can open up to? maybe your mom or a good male friend or a pastor?
>>
>>17338839
Wait.

Maybe she is right?

Maybe you are being a special snowflake?

After all you have a girlfriend so life can't be that depressing.
>>
>>17338859
Before telling her that I said that I don't want to draw attention and that I just feel a lot of apathy because some family situations.
>>
>>17338839
>way more stronger
Drop her

I can just imagine how good she must be with kids and old people.
>>
>>17338868
She's actually good with kids, or I don't know maybe she fakes it. But that really "rekted me", she said that, then looked at me and said
>Meh, you can't deny it, can you?
>>
>>17338867
All because of some shit your family is pulling that make you feel apathy, you are going to see a psychologist?

Yeah I'm siding with your girl here.
>>
>>17338882
She has little consideration for your feelings and i assume she'll be the same woth her kids.

You can deny it because depression doesn't need a reason to exist.

She is just a bitch asserting her power over you, and you are a pussy letting her do so.
Don't be a door mat.
>>
>>17338887
I don't need to tell you all my issues. Not only my family but various things.
I've been feeling this way for a lot of time, and I used to think like you "yeah, i'm weak and i'm a pussy this will go away I can do this".

But no, it doesn't go over time, it doesn't work if I ignore it. I just decided, this week, that I should open, admit that I feel depressed (not that I have depression, maybe I have it, but I'm not sure) and ask for help.

Said this to her because I wanted her to know, she deserves knowing that and I told her i'm getting help.

Now i'm a pussy for admiting I may have a problem, talking about it instead ignoring it and asking for help?

I really, really made it clear that I don't want her to worry, feel pity or guilty. And I actually said thanks to her for all the help she gave me before.
>>
>>17338839
OP she is also depressed desu, she is trying to hide it. Depression is such a mindfuck of a topic. We basically know there is no answer for it, that's the shitty part.
>>
>>17338912
This. Pretty much lol
>>
>>17338912
I don't doubt it. She hides almost every feeling and thinks she's tough. I had lots of times where she would just burst in tears because she couldn't handle so much shit she hides.

Then, what should I do? I'm going for help sure,
>>
>>17338839
>>17338839
"Who r u?? "
"I'm u but stronger"
>>
>>17338907
Well if you would tell us the entire situation we could give you advice more fitting.
At the moment the way your thread is worded the majority of advice you'll receive is dump your girlfriend.
>>
>>17338921
10/10 best kek of the day
>>
>>17338920
Best answer would be to eat right, exercise, hobbys, and setting goals. That's the best I got.
>>
>>17338921
This is fucking gold. Thank you Anon.
>>
>>17338922
Why would you recommend me to dump her?
>>
>>17338944
Why wouldn't he?
Read your original post.
>>
>>17338949
Well thanks, i'll keep that in mind. Had some issues before, big part of the times from her (flirting with others, lying, shit like that). So I guess that just adds more weight to the "dump her" thing.
>>
>>17338839
She's choosing the worst way to try to tell you "hey buddy, things aren't as bad as you feel, try to remember that"

Despite the fact that depression is irrelevant of circumstance.

Instead of telling gf, tell a doctor and get some medical help you pleb
>>
>>17338987
Then you should dump her, no doubt. She sounds like a bad person
>>
>>17338991
Thanks, i'm going to a good psychologist that I trust.
I thought it was a nice idea, because I trusted her and you know, communication is the base of every relationship. I know my life isn't falling apart and that there's someone with worse conditions than I. But I don't know why I feel this way and I need to stop it, it's been too much time with this and i'm starting to struggle with normal activities and even my favorite hobbies, I don't enjoy them anymore.

Thanks, will look for help asap.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.