[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't think I'm ever going to be happy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Miseryfilm.jpg (593 KB, 936x1320) Image search: [Google]
Miseryfilm.jpg
593 KB, 936x1320
Happiness seems impossible. I'm 30, never been in a real relationship. In love with someone I can't have, been in love once before but it didn't work out. I hate a lot of people and the world depresses me. What I have going for me is a decent income and a few good friends.

Am I fucked? Have you ever felt like you'll never be happy? What can I do?
>>
You sound like you are describing me, except for the
>decent income
>>
>>17338477
I've been there wasted 6 year in my room in front of a shit laptop i guesse what saved me were the little friends i had they made me discover different drugs of which acide gave me an opportunity to see the world from an other point of view since then i have been a lot happier and motivated. I don't recommend it if you have never taken drugs but if you are really depressed and thinking of suicide why not
>>
>>17338509
I've taken drugs in the past. Weed, pills, mushrooms, coke, ketamine. None of them really stuck, I don't feel like a drug person, especially not post 30. I'll have some coke a couple of times a year. Acid doesn't interest me. I do drink a lot though.
>>
>>17338509
Also, I'm not suicidal. There have been times where if I could've chosen to not wake up, I would've. It's a passive feeling.
>>
>>17338477
you sound like you're pretty cynical and closed off, why do you hate a lot of people?
>>
>>17338601
I am cynical. I'd hate to think I was closed off. I like to think I'm open minded and I can get on with lots of different types of people, on a superficial level.

I don't think I'm better than anyone but I just find most people become more unpleasant the deeper you dig. It's difficult for me to explain.
>>
>>17338632
>most people become more unpleasant the deeper you dig
This so much
People disgusting when you get to know them more.

I'm also on the Will Never Be Happy Club OP, but unlike you i have no plans to reach 30.
>>
>>17338638
Sorry to hear that. I'm OP and like I said I don't feel like I'd ever kill myself, I'm numb or just miserable most of the time, it doesn't really get unbearable.
>>
>>17338648
It doesn't need to be unbearable for you to end it; if you realized you'll be sad forever there is, in my opinion no need to live.
Many people were sad their whole life and never commited suicide, some even made great things, but in the end their lives was misery. I don't want that for me.
>>
>>17338638
feel like i am slowly becoming part of this club. im 22, and for more or less all of my life i have been unhappy. The more i learn about the world, even in hopes of trying to make it better place, i just end up hating it more. I feel like ever if i was to accept humans for what they are, i would still hate society because as a people we are ashamed of our nature.

thinking about writing a book and then killing myself if i am still unhappy in a couple years time.
>>
>>17338661
How about for the fleeting moments when you're happy, or at least not completely miserable? Or because there is a chance, however slight that you'll find something to live for?
>>
>>17338671
There is always chance for happiness, the same applies for sadness.
It's a lottery and i'm not in for false hope. Possibilities are infinite, doesn't mean it will happen.
>>
>>17338681
Killing yourself closes off all other possibilities. I'm not here to lecture you or preach, I was the one looking for advice after all.
>>
>>17338688
I'm here to talk.

Yes, it's definitive. That means there is 0 chance for more sadness.
The only thing that matters in life is happiness; if you can be happy under any circumstance nothing will matter, because you are happy.
If i can't be happy there is no point in living.
>>
>>17338698
I definitely don't agree that my happiness is the only thing that matters in my life. Is it hedonism to think that? I've never given philosophy much time.

What about the happiness you bring others, or your contribution to society?
>>
>>17338477
Are you a virgin?
>>
>>17338698
>>17338714
I'm not saying either of these things will make us happy or improve our situation, but to say the only thing in our life that matter is what we get out of it, as opposed to what we might be able to give to others is pretty heartless.
>>
>>17338714
They don't matter if you are happy, unless they are required for you to be happy.
An alienated happy person will cobtribute nothing to the world but that person would live his life exactly the same given choice because it was worth.
Sure it's egoistical but life is the most personal thing you have.
>>17338721
But it's your life; it's your own uniquiness nothing will ever more intimate than that. You can build an empire, cure cancer, save the children but in the end of the day if you are sad your life will hold worthness only for the others not for you.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.