[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a friend and I really like her. I have a crush on her,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1466989573542.gif (832 KB, 150x250) Image search: [Google]
1466989573542.gif
832 KB, 150x250
I have a friend and I really like her. I have a crush on her, but I don't think that's the point, because I'm really happu being her friend. However, I have kind of an anxiety crisis everytime I think she may be with someone else. Just now I heard she went to college to check some scores and was seen with a roommate and I'm already really nervous, even though we went to the movies the day before. What can I do to stop this? I too have a lot of friends and I know that we should hang with many people but it makes me feel so sad to know that maybe she feels more confortable with other people
>>
So you'd rather she derive no enjoyment from being with anyone except you?
>>
You are not "really happy being her friend"
You want more.
You can lie to yourself but you can't lie to us, anon
>>
>>17337372
no... I think I'm just afraid of being left

>>17337373
yeah, maybe you're right but I try to lie to myself everyday so I don't just lose my mind
>>
>>17337397
Would you like to conquer that fear?
>>
>>17337408
I would love to
>>
>>17337416
I think you should genuinely want the best for people. Have them free to want you and free to walk if someone can satisfy them better.

In my experience, most people don't walk away from such a person, so it works out either way.
>>
>>17337421
but I think I do. I don't even tell her that I feel that way, so it won't affect her life or behavior in any way. but when I'm alone and think about those things it gets me really anxious

I also have a lot of other friends for whom I don't feel that way. Even good friends that I barely see. I think the point is that having a crush on her made me think she isn't close to me so she might run away anytime and forget me, idk
>>
>>17337425
Are you doing anything to make her more than just a crush?
>>
>>17337438
I already told her how I feel sometimes, but it isn't reciprocal (at least that's how it looks; she gets too nervous everytime we talk about that and she can't even reply me with some negative response). Other than that we hang out sometimes and talk to each other at uni everyday. I don't know what else I could do
>>
>>17337447
Sounds like she's not too comfortable around you. Maybe you can get her to open up more?

It's easier to build connection that way.
>>
>>17337371
I used to be in the situation you are and somebody accidentally told her while they were drunk, so she asked me about it and told me she wasn't interested like that but I was just too embarassed and awkward to remain good friends with her, I still talk to her but very rarely.

>If you don't mind potentially not being friends at all in the long run then go for it. Otherwise keep quiet.
>>
>>17337464
I don't think that's the case. She tells me some problems that (supposedly) only I know. She is just really shy and has it hard to deal with people. I'm just kind of the reverse of that... I'm usually pretty good with people but I spill spaghetti when I'm with her
>>
>>17337478
I actually mind not being her friend. I stopped talking to her once for like half a year and it was really worse. And she never exactly said she is not interested... Certainly she isn't, but she still couldn't say it to me
>>
>>17337484
Just make sure you approach the situation cautiously, see how she responds to stuff like playful flirting. Don't rush in and startle her with a sudden announcement of your love for her or anything.
>>
>>17337481
But she still isn't comfortable with revealing her innermost thoughts to you - i.e. what she thinks of you. Until you're close enough to her that she feels comfortable sharing, you'll be stuck at a brick wall.>>17337481

There's a good chance she doesn't want to hurt your feelings etc.
>>
>>17337488
we talk for a long time, so I think I already approached as I could cautiously. I don't really plan to make any other move, I just wanted to stop feeling so bad when she's not around

>>17337490
I think she just doesn't want to hurt my feelings really. Which doesn't really makes sense because I always took her silence as a "no" (and she knows it) so it never made any difference
>>
>>17337371
For Pete's sake, homie pull it together
Just fuck her one time and be through it forever.
>>
>>17337640
You think I wouldn't if I had the chance?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.