[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know definitely that I'm not alone, and that many others
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1322011839646.jpg (312 KB, 1600x1031) Image search: [Google]
1322011839646.jpg
312 KB, 1600x1031
I know definitely that I'm not alone, and that many others share my sentiment.

How do you handle day to day living with the terrible things that have been happening this past week, in both America and in foreign nations? I wouldn't say that I get overly emotional, but I would say that I almost cried this morning for the officers harmed and killed in the Dallas shooting?

I can't help but feel grief for those unjustly harmed, whether they be black or white, cop or not. Everyone deserves the right to life. And there's the added fact of race relations. Fuck man, I have a wide assortment of friends who are all genuinely good people, some Native American, black, Indian, etc.

There are people who genuinely believe that black people deserve to be all killed, or that whites are the genuine spawn of the devil. I don't want any of my friends or family to get hurt because of the actions of the ignorant.

I'm sure I sound like a pussy and what not, but I have always been empathetic for othere, and sometimes I wish I could be more callous.

How do you deal with the realities of life?
>>
>How do you handle day to day living with the terrible things that have been happening this past week

This is actually the first I hear about it. I guess not living in America has something to do with it, but I also avoid cesspools like reddit and /b/. Maybe staying away from the media could be good for you.
>>
I feel fucking thankful I live in Canada. Americans behave like children, you're like a bunch of uncivilized savage monkeys that have advanced technology. I used to think America was like a bunch of people all holding guns to each others heads but with no one firing. Now everyone's going nuts. You guys are going to tear each other up from the inside out.
>>
>>17337329

Shit really is going crazy this year.
>>
>>17337212
>How do you deal with the realities of life?
People die everyday, people born everyday.
We are expendable.
There is nothing on the world that I should worry or care, besides my own family members.
>>
>>17337343
Hector please
La Familia es Todo is souch bullshit.
>>
>>17337212
I feel sad for a minute, then I get over it. The world is a scary place and people suck. That's just how it is. Just be glad you're not in Sudan or Syria, then you would really have something to cry about.
>>
>>17337212
>the terrible things that have been happening this past week, in both America and in foreign nations

This kind of shit happens everyday all around the world. Maybe it's because I live in Europe but we hear about horrible things everyday. Sure, American tragedies get more coverage but they aren't special.
I don't know how you can rationalise that. I feel a bit angry every time I hear about an attack in Iraq or a shooting in the USA but that's it.
You get used to it eventually. It's sad but inevitable. Worst thing is: the closer you are to these shits, the more desensitized you get.
>>
>>17337212
Live in the good ol' land of Oz.

Continously thankful that guns are hard to get and automatic ones are banned. Also cannot understand America and its hatred of people who aren't white.

How do I deal with the realities of life? Focus on the things you cant change, and don't worry on what you can't.

Also, will make the comment that being empathetic and being introverted basically fucks you for life. Even if you like yourself, to live in this world, you have to be extroverted and not feel so much for others. The universe has a sense of humour i guess?
>>
>>17337356
Meant to add that im both empathetic and introverted, so sorta speaking from experience.
>>
>>17337212
Dunno, I just do. I got told the truth about death early, was raised by a military man and never really grew up with the illusion that everything is okay. We're all gonna die and the whole universe is gonna die too one day, and that fact creeps into the back of people's heads and there's fuckall to do about it.

You just kind of prepare yourself to be as ready as you can be should shit hit the fan then hope better happens.
>>
>>17337329

Canada's political system is going nuts too. It's just happening a little quieter.
>>
>>17337344
Oh, I guess my answer isn't "political correct"?
What's wrong in caring about my own mother, father and brothers?
What's so wrong in priorize my own bloodline over a bunch of people that I don't even know?

Bullshit is what happening some of the most important countries around the globe:
>family values slowly being replaced by degeneracy
>common sense being replaced by ignorance
>civil rights slowing being taken away
>the principles that countries was founded in are being lost
>sense of community trashed aside
>beliefs being forced uppon you

So no. I don't really care what's happening today around.
But I must be the political correct guy and accept all this shit, right? Fuck no.
>>
>>17337387
Yeah but we don't get killed by our cops and we don't have tens of thousands of gun deaths a year. I'd rather have political shifting than being terrified of leaving the house.
>>
>>17337404
Woah, got triggered by a fucking joke. All I meant was that many families are shit and sticking to them for the sake of it or because of other peoples expectations is a bad idea. goddamn senpai
>>
>>17337212
OP doesn't realize we all live in a simulation
>>
I'm only worried that Merkel might bring some degenerate rapefugees in my city and that the situation in America over the Clinton investigation/s might escalate to affect tons of other countries. I'm good otherwise.
>>
>>17337588
None of this is real.
>>
>>17337577
Not triggered, I prove a point.
I was raised by a family were teach me that your parents will be there for you, when you need. Not by their expectations, but by respect, I did the same.
But I agree with you when you say that many families are shit.
>>
>>17337624
Why can you not extend that philosophy to the whole species being your family?
>>
>>17337868
because they are filthy degenerates
not him btw
>>
>>17337212
Take solice in the fact that things will only get worse in the future, that greater tragedies are yet to occur, and that the nightmare will never end. :)
>>
>>17337868
Because the whole specie don't share ANY common aspect with me.
I say this basead in what world is today: a filthy place where anyone do anything in order to achiev what they want/seek for, incluing selling they own diginity, friends and corrupt themselves.
And at the end of the day, they feel good doing this.
>>
>>17337487
we're not, you have to remember that America has over 10 times Canada's population
>>
>>17337948
Except they're the same species as you. And stuck on the same planet. Hate to bust your bubble but it's not you vs them, you're one of us. If you work against your own species you're part of the problem you're complaining about. I've never done anything to you, and none of the broad, sweeping descriptions you gave fit me or a lot of people I can name.
>>
>>17337954
The ratios are still vastly disproportionate. Americans have a problem with dealing with each other like civilized humans. Where I live almost everyone has hunting rifles and handguns but we haven't had a gun related death in over 15 years.
>>
>>17337999
I'm not working against anyone. I don't desire or aspire to our planet end or the humanity falls.
I really wanted to people be united, to have sense of community, but basead on news, it's literaly impossible.
Works for me because it's a small group, a small society.
>you're complaining
It's not a complain. It's a fact.
>>
>>17337487
I'm not scared to leave my house.
But, I'm not a cop and I'm white, so...
>>
>>17337212
Shit like this always happens.
>>
>How do you handle day to day living with the terrible things that have been happening this past week, in both America and in foreign nations?
I just don't care. I used to feel bad about it when I was a kid, and then I just stopped caring. Objectively there's no reason to be upset anyways. Empathy is just a contrivance of evolution. Suffering is just a series of reactions like anything else. Yeah fedora, whatever. It's still true.
>>
File: image_17.jpg (46 KB, 460x451) Image search: [Google]
image_17.jpg
46 KB, 460x451
>>17338520
We space tippin'
>>
File: 1458623865179.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458623865179.jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
Terrible things happen constantly all over the world, it's insane to get emotional when they eventually happen in the western world where it's all over the media.

200 Iraqis were killed last week in a single bombing, did you cry over that?
>>
>>17337954
>Canada firearm death rate per 100k
>1.97
>America
>10.54
>>
File: IMG_20150515_162905.jpg (534 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150515_162905.jpg
534 KB, 1440x2560
>>17337212
I can understand about Dallas as I live here. The place where the shootout took place was right next to the college my mom used to work at and the garage me and my dad would pick her up from as well as the plaza I would take pictures with my family as a child. The library I used to get all my books was right there too. A place of peace and learning now a place of death and mourning. It fucking sucks and I hate it. And yes I did cry. But I'll find it in me to move on. Some day at least.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.