[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the hell do you call these types of deepened pores that,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: snek.jpg (102 KB, 985x637) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
102 KB, 985x637
what the hell do you call these types of deepened pores that, when squeezed, produce a ridiculous "string" of dirt? these pores don't become infected, they don't "clean" themselves, they never tighten up - it's some fucked Bag of Holding grafted into your god damn skin

i have one on my right bicep, my girlfriend has two on her back and i've met multiple other people with Good Hygiene who also have these recurring skin pockets that seem to just exist to shit out snakes when you pressure them the wrong way

sorry, but there's no option to spoiler and /fit/ is literally just a deadlift forum
>>
help.me
>>
I get that shit on my forehead and on the edges of my lips. No fucking clue what it is, though i'm glad i'm not alone in this.
>>
even good hygiene wont save you, these contain a mix of everything, fat and impurities, that comes when eating a bad diet , stressing and excessive sweating.
>>
It's sebum, a mixture of dirt oil bacteria and dead skin cells.

Or it could be a yeast problem.
pityrosporum folliculitis i think
>>
>>17336557
Just a pocket of skin where the infection is winning. The rate of sebum build up compared to the rate of the immune system curing the infection is too high while the pore has healed over it. Might be able to solve it by injecting some kind of non-toxic disinfectant frequently but modern practice doesn't deal with this.
>>
>>17336623
>>17336666
Food for thought, humans have far more extensive sweat glands for temperature regulation than any other animal (with the arguble exception of horses which have them as well). Alongside our brain power, opposable thumbs, and respectably perceptive color vision it's one of the few genuinely good things about the humn body.

But evolutionarily speaking it's a recent development. I do wonder if the issues sweat glands have with sebum buildup, ingrown hairs, and high propensity for infection are related to that. Is this a problem a few million more years of natural evolution could have solved?
>>
>>17336557
sebum wells
>>
>>17336789
Evolution only solves problems that can affect your ability to survive. This isn't one of them.
>>
>>17336557
samatta
>>
>>17337073
One could even more accurately say that evolution only solves problems that affect your ability to procreate.
>>
>>17337073
No, evolution rewards those who reproduce more, not necessarily those who are more fit to survive. We know that protohuman females preferred to select mates with larger genitalia, since human males have vastly larger penis size than other primates. Yet it does nothing to improve fitness.
>>
>>17337129
>We know that protohuman females preferred to select mates with larger genitalia,
Or they were less likely to get frostbite on their junk. Or it's an artifact of some hormone rebalancing.
>>
Blackheads? Most likely
Cyst?
Boil?
>>
Either blackheads or whiteheads, depending on their appearance before you express the stuff. The medical term is comedone.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.