[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I guess I need some advice. I feel like the fucking service desk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: service guy.jpg (40 KB, 339x384) Image search: [Google]
service guy.jpg
40 KB, 339x384
I guess I need some advice.
I feel like the fucking service desk guy of the world.
>Everyday parents want to complain to me about how mean and disrespectful her coworkers are.
>Friends come to me to tell me about their big ass problems. Nothing else. Just to complain.
>My significant other complains to me for hours about how bad the world is and pressures me for answers
>They start unloading their frustration on me with passive-agressive remarks sometimes
> Feel the duty to always respond in a patient and calm manner.

This has been going for years. I always end up feeling drained. And it all keeps adding up. I end up feeling real tense most of the time and my stomach feels odd.
But these people come to me for help. I can't turn them away. If one can help, one must help. They are my friends and family and they need my help, some of them are in really bad places and I cannot blame them, but fuck I feel like I'm gonna break at this rate.
What do I do? Am I just being a pussy?
Maybe I'm just venting out.
>>
>>17336533
OP, my GF wants to break up with me, but I love her, I'm so fucking sad, man. What should I do?
>>
>>17336538
Why does she want to break up with you, if I might ask?
>>
>>17336533
Once you start feeling drained, take some time for yourself to recoup. The best way you can offer help to the ones you love is first by taking care of yourself.
>>
>>17336731
Easier said than done. Before I have time to recoup the next one is already coming to me. This is every single day.
>>
can you try to no contact? Start giving the cold shoulder
>>
>>17337258
I think that would only be possible by just plainly telling them to fuck off. I don't know if that's a good idea.
>>
>>17336533
I understand, but it only leads to resentment to have so many people tugging on you. There is nothing selfish about wanting time to yourself. Set up an automated text on your phone that tells people you're taking some me time and turn it off. You should also feel like you're able to come to them, too. Try venting with them sometimes.
>>
>>17336533
>If one can help, one must help.
But eventually, you have to stop and help yourself or no one ever will.

It's good to want to be helpful to friends and family. But being a sponge for negative bullshit is not helpful, particularly if you're just being vented at by people with problems that have no solutions. It's obviously taking a toll on you physically and mentally, and at some point you just have to tell everyone to stop.

Give advice where you can, sympathize with them, but don't let them turn you into a punching bag with constant barrages of negativity. It's not good for you.
>>
File: 93856.jpg (47 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
93856.jpg
47 KB, 596x628
>>17336538
>>
>>17337306
>>17337307
Thanks. That's useful advice. I'll try to put it in practice.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.