[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do frat guys give a shit what your GPA is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: abdominal1.png (194 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
abdominal1.png
194 KB, 400x400
Minimum that the IFC demands is 2.5 but does your gpa factor into the frat guys decision to let you in or not or is it just 2.5 or higher and your good
>>
i heard frat guys get all the pussy
>>
>>17335932
Your not me
>>
>>17335909
Frats frequently have unspoken upper limits to GPAs because they don't want their house to get the impression of being too brainy.

Since you evidently missed the third grade class on the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE, you would seem to be in no danger there.
>>
Don't listen to these trolls. Yes fraternities have GPA minimums. If you fall below it you'll be suspended usually
>>
Fraternities do have minimums, but that rarely affects whether you're given a bid or not. If you drop below 2.5 you'll be given some form of suspension (usually just social events but I've heard of total suspension) but as long as you're above that you're good.
>>
>>17337062
>>17337125
>>17337189
So none of them care if you meet the minimum? They won't think "pH wow he's so cool we gotta give him a bid" "Oh woops sorry we don't like your gpa even though it meets the requirements bye"
>>
>>17335909
Varies from school to school.
My school had 2.5 as the minimum requirement to join IFC.
My org was NALFO, so I'm not sure if it's different, but each org had national requirements. For mine, it was 2.75.

However, if you had a higher GPA, we'd look at you closer too. My University had incentives for orgs who did more service, had higher average GPAs etc that would give them more funding for the next year.

Tl;dr: Yes.
>>
>>17338002
Any way to tell what an individual fraternity demands?
>>
>>17338002
Like I know all the chapters here at my college answer to the IFC and the IFC says 2.5 or bust. Would any chapter here be like "lol we want more" or do they not give a shit?
>>
>>17337828
It's not about where they care or not. It's the University policy that members can't be accepted unless the meet the requirements. Like the frays aren't just run by a bunch of 18-23 yos alone there's upper level admins regulating shit. Some have bigger steaks than others. It's 2.7 for my best friends frat and a couple guys slipped and were suspended for the semester
>>
>>17338051
I get the university requirements, from what I've gathered for VVU its 2.5 across the board, I'm just wondering if social fraternities having higher standards than what the IFC demands is unheard of or not. I'm gonna have a 2.5. Will chapters auto disregard me over it even though it meets IFC standards? I've already confirmed that VCU goes with what the IF says by talking to some people
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.