[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ A friend of mine who's a girl commented on a photo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (2 KB, 206x244) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2 KB, 206x244
Hey /adv/
A friend of mine who's a girl commented on a photo of my friend and I on Facebook and said "cute, I mean your friend John not you". Wtf is the point of this??
>>
She knows John will see it and she wants his d in her v. Don't worry about it, unless you're ugly af she probably just doesn't want to fuck friends
>>
>>17333533
go to one of her phones, find one of her mom/dad .. say "cute, I meant your mom Betsy not you"

kek
>>
>>17333533
2 reasons. One or the other. Maybe both.

Reason one.

She's a dumb bitch who has no concept of the impact of her words. She isn't intentionally being a bitch.

Reason two.

Judging by how you reacted you have feelings for her. I don't know, you may not. Either way, it rubbed you the wrong way. This may have been intentional to remind you where you sit on the friendzone bus
>>
Now, the real question is, how do you want her to feel? What message do you want to get across?
>>
She's probably just trying to be funny, man. I see these kind of "rude / funny" comments on Insta all the time.

I bet you're cute!
>>
>>17333533

Online communication lacks the nonverbal cues we heavily rely upon in normal communication.

Mindful people will eventually develop a good sense for how their words will be perceived, and will work to minimize ambiguity.

Your friend has not yet developed this sense, and so it's impossible to know what she meant by what she said.

When you have no context for what's being said, it's usually best to assume the best of other people's intentions. In this case, it means that it's probably best that you assume she is not intending to attack you, and is being playful.

I suggest you respond as though you know she is being playful, by replying to her comment with, "Mean!"

Later, if she does more things like this, you can have a word with her where you let her know that the tone of her comments is often unclear, and with her lack of clarity she risks genuinely offending and alienating the people she cares about.
>>
>>17333582
>>17333612
She's very flirty w/ me normally, I was assuming she was joking. I don't have feelings, but I'd be down to smash, so if a girl jokes around like this are my chances dead?
>>
You're tripping out over nothing, shes probably just flirting
>>
>>17333533
its banter, she's teasing you.
You're meant to tease back.
>>
>>17333603
<3 thanks
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.