[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought a cat to hang out with me in my room while I played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1466820115579.jpg (131 KB, 1080x1050) Image search: [Google]
1466820115579.jpg
131 KB, 1080x1050
I bought a cat to hang out with me in my room while I played vidya and watched movies, but now he just goes downstairs and plays with my parents. Occasionally he comes up and takes a big shit in his litter box, though.

I feel like I've been ripped off here.
>>
>wants companionship
>gets a cat
>>
>>17332639
what's wrong with cats?
>>
Cats are notoriously dickfaces. You just got played. Cats, like all animals, only show affection towards you when you offer them food.

Want your cat to hang around you all day? Put the food and water in your room. Always give it treats and shit at random intervals during the day. Toys and whatnot.

Your cat will probably start to annoy you because of how clingy its become and you'll want to move the food back to it's original location so you can be left the hell alone again.
>>
>>17332669
I don't think it's so much that my cat isn't paying enough attention to me, it's that they're favoring my goddamn parents over me
>>
>>17332678
Because your parents give it attention. You sit in your room playing video games and watching movies, instead of talking to it and playing with it and petting it and giving it YOUR attention. You fucking neckbeard. Dog or cat, they're going to hang around the person/people who give them the most stimulation. A sperg who just shitposts on 4chan and plays League all day and night is not at all stimulating to a pet.
>>
>>17332710
Whatever, fuck this cat
>>
>>17332623
>I bought a cat to hang out with me
>by which I mean completely ignore it but expect it to love me anyways
>now I hate it because it only wants to spend time with the people who actually interact with it

OP are you legitimately retarded? Like I'm not saying that as an insult you sound like you suffer from legitimate autism or down syndrome or something and I'm worried you're going to hurt that poor cat over getting irrationally mad at it because of your own stupid behavior.
>>
>>17332753
No worries, anon. Even if he does, he's going to kill himself within 5 years anyway. His life revolves around video games and movies in his parents' house. Depression and suicide will claim him before long.
>>
>>17332720
The funny thing is that this is what the cat thinks about op
>>
>>17332758
The thought of him dying doesn't make me feel any less worried about the cat being hurt.
>>
>>17332710

Cam here to say it, but you beat me to it.

My cats love me and give me a lot of affection, but they clearly prefer my girlfriend because first of all she is less jittery than me, and she spends more time lounging around.

I play with them and feed them, but I'm too active to really cuddle with them.
>>
>>17332766
Sure is edgy in here.
>>
>>17332773
OP it's fine if you want to be a 25 year old shutin NEET but theres' no need to hurt innocent animals in the process. If anything just think of us as trying to help you avoid getting in trouble for animal cruelty. Even the most gentle jail cell would eat your ass alive.
>>
>>17332753
>>17332758
>>17332766
woooah, that was pretty harsh and stupid.

Anyway, it's not like I ignore him. I'm very affectionate and play with him daily. He still doesn't favor sleeping with me or playing with me though. My mom is with him all day while I'm at work, so that's probably why he favors her so much.

Gay.
>>
>>17332792
Who feeds him. That is seriously a big deal to animals.
>>
>>17332810
I do. bowl, water dish, and litter box are in my room. Also bought him a preeetty dope kitty jungle gym, if I say so myself. It's about 6 feet tall and has all these holes he can climb in and all these toys he can play with attached to it. I'm free-feeding as of right now, just to put a little weight on him. After this bag of food I'm moving to monitored portions 2 times a day so he's not eating and acquiring maximum power levels in the middle of the night
>>
>>17332623
>any year
>not getting a dog
you blew it m8. cats make shit companions.

dogs are bro tier as fuck
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.