[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with something crazy I remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: void.png (143 B, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
void.png
143 B, 300x168
Sorry if this is the wrong board and if it's a stupid question because I'm not exactly sure where is is suppose to go.( bear with me this is a long story)

Well I wanted to know if it's normal to have a black spot in memory, possibly near the time you were born. I was talking to a family member about it and she said I sounded crazy.

This is kind of hard to explain but I'm going to try. Basically it was a point where it felt like I was in a black void for 2-3 years. No, I don't mean black void like something on /x/ I mean a somewhat mental void. In a way that felt like instinct or something of the sort I knew I was in a world walking around and doing stuff but mentally I was somewhere else. What I could see was,like I said,a black void. I could see far ahead of me but there was nothing but blackness everywhere.

I know it's not much to go off by but I've been curious about this for a while. I'm not sure if it's a false memory or something happening mentally or what. If someone knows what it might be I'd appreciate if someone told me. I'm worried this is a mental problem or something.
>>
Guess it wasn't that long of a story really.
>>
>>17332466
OP the average human adult doesn't have any memories earlier than age 4 yes that is extremely normal did you not go to grade school or something
>>
Well yeah I know that. I was curious if it's normal to remember being in a black void just patiently waiting for 4 years.
>>
What you just described is called infantile amnesia. Your brain clears out all its old memories in favor of putting that brain space to better use
>>
No that's not normal. It is normal to keep certain memories such as traumatic memories which are stored in a different place in the brain - but storing the personal memory of time passing is abnormal. That is pretty cool though. So just a long ass memory of time being wasted?
>>
>>17332483
Thanks man. It really felt wierd because I wasn't sure what it was. Now I know I'm not crazy or anything like that.
>>
>>17332490
According to the other anon it's something that acutally happens. But yeah it's weird cause I just remember being there waiting like "Well it's been about 2 years now so."
>>
>>17332499
that's kinda cool actually
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.