[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Had a job where the shift before me would regularly never finish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1387415258666.jpg (32 KB, 332x375) Image search: [Google]
1387415258666.jpg
32 KB, 332x375
Had a job where the shift before me would regularly never finish their shift, leaving me with an extra hour of work a day. I quit as a result, yet now the boss is saying I'm fired for not putting in two weeks. I'm thinking about calling HR, is there anything they can do about this? I told multiple supervisors about what was happening over 3 months, they didn't hold up their end until I had an hour conversation with them before quitting which was basically "no one can leave until the work is done". That doesn't take back my time, should I get a lawyer?
>>
>>17332245
If you didn't comply with the minimum notice period in your contract, then you're in the wrong. Just because they did something wrong doesn't make what you did okay.
>>
>>17332251
and vice versa
>>
>>17332262
Of course. But the fact that OP did something wrong remains
>>
>>17332270
I am OP. They incentivize two week notices with extra pay at the end (yet no one in my department has quit without just leaving due to similar circumstances). Could HR compensate me? Are their laws against this?
>>
>>17332286
Why would HR compensate you?
>>
Got fired? Get unemployment, they will have to pay you until you find a new job.

Most places will "lay someone off" until further notice to avoid this.

If you have a corporate system and feel like you need to use it then go ahead, that's what they're there for. Perhaps they'll get you a job in a new department or compensate you that extra pay in your contract.

tl; look out for yourself OP, fuck everyone else.
>>
>>17332342
>Got fired? Get unemployment, they will have to pay you until you find a new job.
But OP quit first.
>>
>>17332348
It's down as "terminated".
>>
>>17332364

Sounds like a free check to me OP, this adv session is over.

>>>/gif/
>>
>>17332384
it was for "no call no show"
could the fact that I ((((quit)))) give me leverage to get unemployment?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.