[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to be happy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1464799620202.gif (927 KB, 240x134) Image search: [Google]
1464799620202.gif
927 KB, 240x134
I want to be happier in life, to care about what I do, to lead a meaningful life.

I've had a "successful" life as far as general standards go: good education, good family, good job, no debt, etc. I'll admit I don't have many friends and while not a virgin, have been single for a bit so this may factor into it. But overall, I really don't feel happy or fulfilled.

I kind of just lead my life doing mostly the same thing every day, every week. While my job is alright and pays well, I don't particularly like or dislike it. I look forward to coming home but when I do, I don't do anything notable. I'll play games, watch shows/movies, browse the net, read books or whatever else. And what more is there to do really? Most of us sleep a third of the time, work another and then you're left with only a few hours each day once chores and routine is out the way.

I'm left wondering if that's all there is to life. Do I just live on like this until the day I die? Do others feel this way as well? Does everyone go through a mild existential crisis?

Feel free to give advice or just chime in if you'd like.

(picture unrelated)
>>
>>17331925
Oh, I feel this way everyday :( I seriously don't know what to do... Life is miserable.
>>
What are you passionate about?
>>
>>17331925
cheer up man!
take a couple of mins to think what do you like the most, cars, vidya, food?, whatever it is, find it and go balls deep into it
>>
>>17331925
Happiness comes from within.

The satisfaction of working hard and creating something from your hard work is the best feeling in the world. Never compromise this happiness. Never sacrifice your integrity for cheap gains.

Remember that we are all humans. Humans are social creatures, and we need and depend on others to survive. Remember to care for and to love others, despite how difficult it may be at times. Sometimes, being with someone else can help breathe new life into your life and world.

Respect and treat others kindly, and they will treat you with kindness in turn. Never, EVER throw the first stone, but do not be afraid to strike back when YOU feel it's justified. Don't make a mess, and keep your head down.

Right now, I encourage you to be happy for what you have right now, and enjoy your life as it is. These feelings of uncertainty for your future are completely normal, and every person you pass on the street harbors similar doubts. Count your blessings, but remember to strive for something greater. There are plateaus, but to find your happiness you have to go beyond those.

Most importantly, take it easy anon. You only got one life.
>>
>>17331925
Look up to the sky and, with all your heart, AWOOOOO
>>
>>17331925

life is... life. its a balancing act for sure. people like to boil their problem down to 'i dont knwo what to do with life'.

but the truth is you have to do EVERYTHING with life.

you need to be happy in where you are, but also happy about where you're trying to go. you need to be happy with yuor friends, your sex, your dating life, your ability to wake up, your job your family, your hobbies your dreams, your food, everything.

So I try to divide everything in to three categories.
>short term
>mid term
>long term

short term is literally just today. am i happy today? why not? what am i doing?

mid term is next few weeks to few months. am i making the right stride sfor that? can i predict hwat will make me happy? this is generall filling up my social calednar.

long term. this is mostly work and hobbies. my hobbies are more dream goal type things. im on the creative side and make movies / web series and taht takes up the bulk of my spare time. so i try to think 'what am i doing today to make me feel fulfileld tomorrow'.

but at the end of hte day you still have to ask 'what am i doing to feel fulfilled today'.
>>
>>17331951
>>17331970
I wouldn't call myself a word as strong as passionate over anything, which is another problem. I have hobbies I somewhat enjoy but over time my interest seems to have dwindled. Nowadays it seems more of a thing I do to pass time, there's no excitement or much emotion about it.

>>17331980
Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. I know I should make a greater effort at making friends and such, but given what I just wrote above, I find it difficult to socialize because I easily run out of things to talk about or do with others.
>>
>>17331925
Bumping the thread because i'm in about the same boat.

The advice of "go worrk out" seems to have quite a bit of truth to it. Noticed that i just feel better overall on the occasion that i get off my lazy ass and go for a run.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.