[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh shit, /adv/. About 72 hours ago, I got into a fender bender.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: fender-bender.jpg (136 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
fender-bender.jpg
136 KB, 1024x768
Oh shit, /adv/.
About 72 hours ago, I got into a fender bender. Accidentally lightly backed into a car larger than mine (a pickup or a suv).
I panicked for a minute, and split, went home. After kicking myself for acting like a retard, I called the insurance company the next day and reported that my car had been hit overnight.
It's been three days or so since the accident. I went back to the restaurant where it happened yesterday, and they said they didn't know a thing about it. Considering that, I'm not sure the other guy filed a report with the cops, but there's no way to be sure.
So, it's been three days. What're the odds the cops will still get to me?
>pic related isn't my car, but mine has similar damage
>I think the other car had less damage than mine, just a dented bumper
>>
self-bump, because I have really bad anxiety issues and need some kind of peace of mind
>>
You deserve this anxiety for being a little bitch and not doing the right thing
>>
>>17331546
Can someone just tell me what the likelihood of the cops showing up at this point is?
>>
>>17331536

Happens all the time, but if you're getting any money from your insurance company, then you're committing insurance fruad. The penalties for getting caught are harsh.

In short, don't fucking do that.

You were a dick to hit someone's car and drive off. You were criminally stupid to lie to your insurance company.

All you can do now is hope you never get caught, but holy shit are you gambling, anon.
>>
>>17331551
Depends on how far your insurance company takes this.
>>
>>17331564
Explain?
>>
If you're getting money/repair work done, they might look into it and if they can, they will fuck your day up. Insurance companies are sticklers about insurance fraud, who knew?
>>
I get the panicking and leaving the scene, but what is wrong with you that you'd file an insurance claim?
>>
>>17331536
If this is the same damage as on your car, pour boiling hot water on it and just push it back out from the other side. Don't even file a claim.
>>
Expect to be charged with hit and run, and insurance fraud. You are fully of both.
>>
>>17331606
Why do you say "expect"? What makes this such a sure case?
>>
>>17331546
>>17331553
>>17331590
>>17331591
>>17331606
Reddit fuck off reeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
Yeah, OP you fucked up, insurance fraud isn't to be messed with you might as well fuck with the IRS. I'd be expecting a call, you should phone them and admit to it so you don't have to worry anymore. You do kinda deserve it though, driving off without even a note is a shitty thing to do I hate to think how you live other areas of your life
>>
Honestly, is there anything to worry about if no police report was filed?
>>
>>17331623
You filed a fraudulent claim with your insurance company. They will investigate the claim and discover you lied. Insurance adjusters and investigators are trained to examine things that you may not even think about, such as being able to tell you were not hit by someone whilst parked based off the damage. It is their business to pay out as little money as possible and they do not take kindly to people who attempted to defraud them
>>
File: z90PJiS.jpg (441 KB, 2376x2592) Image search: [Google]
z90PJiS.jpg
441 KB, 2376x2592
>>17331643
No, nothing. He called his insurance company and told them he got hit in a parking lot. You did the same thing. No harm no foul.
>>
>>17331553
>You were a dick to hit someone's car and drive off. You were criminally stupid to lie to your insurance company.
Actually fleeing the scene of an accident, even a minor one, is a crime as well.
>>
File: wheatons-law.jpg.jpg (122 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
wheatons-law.jpg.jpg
122 KB, 300x300
In all honesty, you probably got away with it.

Keep your mouth shut going forward and I don't think anyone can prove anything.

What you did was dishonest and mean- but that's between you and your karma.
>>
>>17331536
How lightly are we talking about? Bumpers are meant to be bumped. If you need to bump around a little bit to get into a parallel parking spot, that's legit IMO. I'm talking like 0.1 MPH here.

On the other hand, the pic you posted is pretty major damage.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.