[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is it that makes someone "cringey" or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: oUMBCfo.jpg (27 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
oUMBCfo.jpg
27 KB, 640x360
What exactly is it that makes someone "cringey" or neckbeardy?

Asking because my girlfriend thinks I'm really cool but have "cringey" hobbies and fashion and I'm not really sure why certain hobbies or activities are frowned upon whereas other similar ones are fine. I'm 27, she's 24. She says I can change to be normal whenever I want and it's weird that I don't because it's like I'm choosing to be fucked up.
>>
>>17330994
First off, what are your hobbies? I'm guessing some combination of vidya, comics, or anime but some specifics would be nice. Regardless though this seems like a petty thing for her to concern herself with.

Fashion is a more reasonable complaint. Maybe ask her for some tips.
>>
Sounds like a healthy relationship.
>>
Being socially retarded, fake/super mainstream, or trying too hard to be different/popular/interesting
Idk about cringey hobbies. I guess MLP, religious bullshit, sonic the hedgehog, and Boy Scouts?
>>
>>17330994
>What exactly is it that makes someone "cringey"?

Liking what I don't like, of course.
>>
>>17330994

It really depends from person to person.

For me cringy shit is:

Pretending to like shit (like claiming to love video games despite only ever watching the)

Behaving like the thing they like is the best thing (Japan fans are the worst for that)

Theres not much else in terms of interests unless you collect weird stuff like animal dildos or something.

As for fashion what the fuck are you wearing to make someone comment on it dude

It isn't hard to dress like a human being, plain shirt, something on your legs which aren't shorts, either sports shoes or regular shoes depending on what you're doing.

If you wear hats, glasses, gloves etc unless they're actually needed then yeah you're a freak
>>
>>17331045
What's wrong with shorts?
>>
>>17331007
I'm not really into any of those things. I have pretty normalfag hobbies and I spend a lot of time outdoors.

Before we started dating I used to wear a Thor's hammer pendant, subtle bone jewelry, I was pretty into drinks with a certain gimmick (i.e. Fireball or Kraken), I had some TPB themed shirts, bumper stickers for things I like, you get the idea.

Generally when she tells me not to wear something or act in a certain way I'm pretty open to criticism, but it's weird when we're out shopping and we see the same shirt or gadget and my first thought is "that's badass and I want one" and her first thought is "what kind of loser would buy that".

We've been together for years so it's not like dealbreaker material but I just think "wait, is she wrong or am I?"
>>
>>17331045
>As for fashion what the fuck are you wearing to make someone comment on it dude

Well, my girlfriend and her friends comment on it. No one else does. I just wear whatever my guy friends usually wear, which is usually a t shirt in the summer or a flannel any other time of year, slim jeans, vans (or some other slip on shoe), and a watch. Every guy I know has the exact same outfit which I think is kind of normal and she says "yeah, they all look like retards".
>>
>>17331060
You guys would be perfect for each other if you had been born a generation or two ago.
>>
>>17331146
How so?
>>
>>17331222
We've all seen it
>1960s
>Nerdy guy likes comics, star trek, toys, etc.
>Being a nerd at the time meant $$$ (if you were smart)
>Gets married because $ increases functionality
>Wife wants him to quit acting like a child
>He obliges because he's still the same nerdy guy
>>
>>17331235
I don't really like any of those things but I see what you mean.
>>
>>17331265
Oh no I'm just fucking with you. It's awful and if you feel like you can't be yourself than gtfo. There's no point and trying to make a broken relationship work when you can just go with one that's already yo a good start.
>>
>>17331071
Lol it sounds like she wants you to have a more modern hip look. Think plain button down shirt with khaki pants and nice shoes (actual shoes, not vans).
>>>/fa/
>>
>>17330994
>She says I can change to be normal whenever I want and it's weird that I don't because it's like I'm choosing to be fucked up.
This makes it sound like she wants you to change, but is too afraid to outright say it. You should find or what she wants. Most women want their men to "change for them."

Think about this for a second, if a man said anything like like what you posted in the OP, he'd have hell to pay. But a woman to a man, "oh, your hobbies are 'cringey' and you have no style." You need to shit down with her and find out what she really wants, because if she's hoping you change for her and you are fine with how you are, resentment from her eventually is almost certain.
>>
>>17331009

This.

You're just not compatible with her.
You got your interests, she's got hers.
That would be fine.

But bitch is dogmatic as fuck.
'choosing to be fucked up'? Really, were those her words?

Plenty of fish in the sea, why are you the fucking idiot playing with sharks?
She's judgemental as fuck mate.
You'll never be able to "be yourself" around her. You'll be forced to forever put on an act to appears her (Only for her to potentially ditch you and say 'you've changed').

Shit, I know girls 'mature' faster and shit, but they stay stuck in teenage judgemental bitch mode for years. This is why I don't date girls that young, and I'm 22.

Fuck that shit. I'd rather get with a girl who's just hit 25 and started to chill the fuck out, instead of trying to control people and still caring about looking 'cool' or 'mature' and shit.

Bitches that still play these 'cool' popularity games when they're out of school and just fucking the worst, man. Seriously, fuck that shit.
>>
>>17331060
What exactly are you expressing by wearing those things or buying those things? "Because I like them/think they are cool" is not a response. Do you want people to comment on your little trinkets? Or think "wow he's so unique XD" Because that's cringey and probably what she's thinking.
>>
Sounds like a zero compatibility issue. You need to find a woman who likes you for you, my man.
>>
>>17331695
>girls mature faster
No. They stop developing sooner, which literally means they're less complex.

OP, don't give a fuck what this girl thinks you should do. After she's done shaping you into her little pet she'll leave you for someone who will challenge her more.
>>
>>17331060
Jesus christ, bumper stickers and thor pendents at 27? Lol, you're a fucking joke. Jesus. Seriously grow up. That's like the fashion sense of a 12 yr old shit man.
>>
>>17331833
>They stop developing sooner, which literally means they're less complex.

Congrats, this is the dumbest thing I've read today.

Spoiler: they also start developing sooner. Remember your middle school dances?
>>
>>17331684
>shit down with her

Top kek

Not being a Dick Just laughed out loud next to my sleeping girlfriend wich only exists in my head of course here on duh chan
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.