[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
all people are egocentric assholes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1467049072418.jpg (246 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
1467049072418.jpg
246 KB, 1000x1502
So far in my whole life I think I have met only one person who isn't an asshole. Everyone is so egocentric and everyone always just wants the biggest piece of the cake for themselves. I hate all those little insecure dicks. Men just as much as women. My family and old high school friends just as much as anyone else. I can't bear this anymore. I like to think of myself as a very social and outgoing person but I've spend the last 2 years mostly locked in my room because I can not stand the people around me. Am I just involved with the wrong people?

I tried to but I can't put myself first and be as "individualistic" as everyone else. I can't just follow my needs and give a shit about those around me. I'm simply not made for that. I can't imagine a place worse than my life right now. And that is despite everything else going p well career wise and stuff.
>>
>>17330477

i think the best way to measure a persons worth is by their ability to grow.

can you sit down with that person, have a conversation, and open their mind up to a new idea? will they readily admit they missed that detail, that concept, and be open to learning.

but more importantly, can you?

it is an awfully ironic thing for a man to say everyone in the world but him is an egocentric.
>>
>>17330477

>everyone else is ego centric
>i cant imagine a place worse than my life
>all those kids in africa are lucky

jesus christ.
>>
>>17330499
It is true you dumb fuck, I'm not Op. When he says everyone that means everyone you autistic fuck.
>>
>>17330510

OP is claiming hes the only non ego centric person in the world. did you read my post? did you read his (you dumb fuck)
>>
I think I know what you mean but what bothers me more is how selfish most people are. You just have to accept that and remember that there are similar people out there. I always get hurt and used by others and have ended living without much human contact but I have one good person in my life, my grandma and our interaction is very funny since we are so similar, just wanting to help each other but both declining the help any way.
Just accept it as it is but don't start thinking you're some special snowflake.
>>
>>17330511
>So far in my whole life I think I have met only one person who isn't an asshole. Everyone is so egocentric
He claims is isn't an asshole, not egocentric (dumb fuck)
>>
>>17330477

You're just weak
>>
>>17330477
Your perception is warped and you suffer from a case of 'bad opinion'

Just keep in mind the fact that you're wrong about this and remind yourself of it every time you start thinking everyone in the world is bad except you.
>>
>>17330518

>all people are egocentric assholes

is his opening statement, literally the subject.

sure he said
>only met one person who isnt an asshole

but then literally next line says
>everyone is so ego centric
>i cant put myself first and be individualistic as everyone else

way to cherry pick your argument with a single line (you dumb fuck)
>>
of course by "everyone" I'm referring to my perception of how things are. I'm aware that there's a number of people who aren't like that. I even stated that I know one, duh

>>17330521
that's the worst thing. I feel like a lot of people actually think I am because I genuinely care for people and am generally a "nice" guy. but I'm not nice because I don't have the balls to stand up for my opinion. I do that. But I feel like so many people try to make profit from me being nice and abuse it. Or not return any kindness. I don't know. I feel I have so much love to give but no one loves me back because everyone is so obsessed with themselves. ("love" as in being genuinely friendly. not in a sexual way - just to prevent any more confusion. sorry english is not my native language)

>>17330524
how am I wrong about this. I mean, just take a look at the brexit vote. The majority voted leave - that's pure selfishness. The majority doesn't want to share what they have. Even if others might be more in need of it than they themselves.

>>17330516
yeah I think selfish is probably the better term. how can you accept it as it is? I can't live with the fact that all people around me are more enemies than they are friends.
>>
>>17330516
I mean, are you able to think that life is good? I mean, of course there are happy moments. But knowing that most people out there are some mild version of what makes a zombie I can't really say that overall life is good.
>>
>>17330698
I don't know man, I just be good to everyone and sometimes when someone is good to me in return I think that is enough. I tend to get as pissed as you are about shit like children of Africa, why aren't EVERYONE actually doing something, why aren't those who actually can make a difference making the difference. How come some people have millions and others don't have food. It breaks my heart. But still here I am posting about it on 4chan and not making a difference. I really understand why most people are/try to be selfish, it's really shitty to feel..
>>
File: 4chan_autism_0.gif (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
4chan_autism_0.gif
1 MB, 600x338
>>17330477
What OP doesn't tell you is that he's part of a charity called "Dubs for Autism"
>>
>>17330731
You'd rather live in a mud hut and eat lizards for every meal?
>>
File: 987635.jpg (48 KB, 502x417) Image search: [Google]
987635.jpg
48 KB, 502x417
>>17330477
>>
>>17330748
What? I said I don't want others to live like that.
>>
>>17330731
I think there is a difference between not being strong enough to actively do something against this prevalent unfairness and actively contributing to it. I'm engaging in politics but I understand that it doesn't change much and I understand if others can probably contribute even less.

anyway, I find human history to be really really scary. I remember that back in high school when talking about the third reich for example our teachers tried to explain to us that it was somewhat understandable that people would join the nazis since they had just suffered a massive economic depression and it was just the general mood yadayada. and somehow it's consesus to "understand" this. on some level this just makes me cringe. on another level this really just frightens me. somehow the vast majority of people seem like tamed monsters who could easily go wild if you just hit a certain switch.

>>17330738
nice

>>17330748
it'd only be fair to distribute everything equally.
>>
>>17330798
>hating on the third Reich
Wew
>>
You know the old saying. If you think everyone around you is an asshole... it's because you're the asshole.
>>
>>17330828
Hmm, OP, do you agree that you too do selfish things?
>>
File: 1464168884826.jpg (87 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1464168884826.jpg
87 KB, 600x600
>>17330529
Way to miss the fucking point, dumbest of fucks.
>>
>>17330828
this is also a really funny phenomenon. seeking the fault in others is also something I can not stand and it makes me cringe that this is such a common practice on 4chan

>>17330842
what is selfish? is it selfish if I buy the last pack of milk at my convenient store? then yeah, I did that the day before yesterday. but that's obviously not the "selfish" or "egocentric" I'm talking about.
>>
>>17330715
People are zombies, dude - that's just our 'default' setting.
>>
>>17330860
That is what these people are talking about. People don't like the idea of "a good person", there has to be something selfish and bad about everyone.
>>
>>17330860
So you don't want anyone to find fault with anyone - how do people grow, then? If we don't recognize and acknowledge our faults, and overcome them, what's the fucking point? I think you are paralyzed by fear. Stop that.
>>
>>17330870
Don't you worry, anon - (You) are selfish, too. If you fail to see it, guess what? You're probably victimizing someone and don't even know it.
>>
where should i post this guys dox at?
>>
>>17330882
You are doing exactly that. I know everybody does selfish things. Everybody includes even me, wow.
>>
>>17330868
what

>>17330870
of course I'm not a pure person. we're all people. but I sense a strong discrepancy between my level of niceness and most other peoples' level of niceness.

anyways, I think overcame my 2 hour crybaby phase now and can deal with life again. thank you for keeping me company. somehow, despite all the inbetween shitpostings, threads like this always make me feel better afterwards
>>
>>17330902
>wot
a zombie is an unthinking thing acting on instinct. Not that hard, anon.
>>
>>17330902
Wow, you're pretty fucking special-snowflake-selfish, ain't ya senpai?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.