[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time to Pull the Plug?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 125x125
I've been with my gf for almost 3 years now. First serious and long relationship I've had. We lost our virginity together. At first we had a very mutually strong bond and were very happy. But as time went on I slowly found myself losing this feeling. We still talk and hang out all the time. The constant contact doesn't help things for me usually. But she gets very clingy and will guilt me when I'm not around for too long.

Sometimes we genuinely do have fun hanging out but that's just doing things that are non romantic. I don't feel any spark or fuzzies when we kiss or hug really.

I've felt this way for a while but I don't have the balls to break it off. This is the closest I've gotten now. I just feel bad that I know I'll fuck her life up by leaving...

She went to a university just to be closer to me so we could see each other more (we were long distance at first)
And she always tells me how I'm her only friend practically.
I know she'll be devastated and my family likes her a lot and hers likes me a lot too.

Sorry for the drawn out story but, is it time to end things? What are your thoughts?
>>
Take more time for yourself so you actually look forward to seeing her.
>>
>>17330195
I have before and for a time that worked but I still don't feel too much.
She has even said she feels like she misses me more than I her and it's true sadly
>>
The same thing happened to me, except that i'm male and i was the one who got dumped.

It's almost exactly the same thing, we began long distance, eventually got closer, i loved her very much but she didn't feel the same for me and eventually ended it all.

It was extremely painful, i was depressed for months, it hurts A LOT, but, in the end i realized one thing, the longer a dead relationship gets dragged on, worse the break-up is and more it's gonna hurt for one or both parties.

If it's not working out, end it, life is too short for wasting time with a lie. It's gonna be very painful but it's better done now than later, because it can only get worse. Cut all contact after it, even sporadic phone calls or texts will nurture false hopes that will only make the pain last longer.

If she really loves and cares about you, it's gonna hurt way too much, i know that pain, so be considerate, don't step all over her, be honest, tell her you are very sorry but the feelings aren't there for you, she is going to cry, she is going to say she hates you, she is going to be depressed for a while, but time will heal the wound, and it's gonna shape her into a more mature, wiser person, like it did to me.

Be considerate, honest and don't lead her on any longer, she is going to remembe you with a smile in the future.
>>
>>17330225
I appreciate the honest insight a lot. I'm sorry that happened to you too.

You're probably right and I should just do it.

I just feel like I have to wait since we have paid tickets to go out of state and we'd be flying out of the port near me not her. I don't want to mess all of that up on top of crushing her. This will put me back to leaving her around mid August..
>>
>>17330158
>>17330195
What he said. You should press pause and give yourself time to perhaps focus on the friendship. Sometimes nourishing the friendship will "heal" the relationship. 3 years is a long time, so I think you two owe it to each other to at least try to regain the spark.

Talk to her, mention this, say you want to work on strengthening the friendship and give it another shot. Try to work on it.

Sometimes the spark fizzles out, dies down, but it doesn't have to mean it can be blazing again, it needs help. Relationships requires 100% from both parts. Work on it.

Too many people give up way too early.
>>
>>17330158
So I was on the opposite end of this
I was the bf for just under 3 years, felt very serious about her. Built my life and all my plans to be around her , she was my only true friend I could confide in, pretty much the only person I was close to ever, truly close to. Her parents loved me, her older brother and I would have a great time.
Even had an elaborate travel around europe together for 3 years plan visiting romantic spots and recording secret proposal messages lol.
Anyway I guess she felt the need to end the relationship for whatever reason, dropped me and moved on pretty quickly.
I think I was so devastated I was in shock, months passed like days with me still in denial. Maybe that was down to how she did it so vaguely saying she needs some time to think before fucking off forever.Maybe it was my own blindness to the signs. I'll never know.

But at the end of the day, she is in a much better place now. And that's life.
Shit happens and I'm sure when I tell people how I've been depressed, lost, alone for fuck like 4 years now people will just tell me to man up or something without an ounce of sympathy.

Its how the world works. Good for you if you can be in a position where you look out for number one. Its up to the trash to get out of the bin.
I'd say if you do plan on breaking up with her make sure to be clear about it. Ifs and maybes are hell on a brain and you shouldn't stay in a relationship unless both parties want it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.