[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time learning music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
It's my first time learning music and music theory.

I picked the violin as my first instrument since I really like the sound it produces.

Any anons have advice for me?
>>
>>17329867
Practice as much as you can. Even five minutes here and there can help. But please anon, make sure you practice correctly. Proper cadence, sitting position, fingering etc.

Also, in a few months I'd say (if you're good enough) you could start trying to learn songs by ear. Great practice to keep your notes in check. And it's fun to boot!

If you'd like we can talk more on kik.

Cheers anon.
>>
Learn to breath with phrases and starts of phrases. Watch yourself play in the mirror. Count rhythms. Don't discard theory as pointless; knowing and truly understanding music theory is the difference between being someone who plays music and someone who is a musician.
>>
PATIENCE

Many only play for a few weeks to a couple of months, get frustrated that they're not seeing the results they want, and then give up.

It takes a while to master an instrument.
>>
DISREGARD ALL OTHER POSTS

TO MASTER THE VIOLIN

YOU MUST BECOME FLUENT IN
DANK
VIOLIN
MEMES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxxCdr9p7mU
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.